Microsoft Rewards Game Pass Quests

Sometimes I’ve had it register twice in a single day by checking it throughout the day. This was during the actual day on the east coast so it wasn’t affected by midnight in Redmond or whenever they reset stuff. I’ve even had it jump to 3/3 on the first day it was available. Good luck!

1 Like

I was scared for a second, but good thing i checked at 1PM ET because it was able to recognize the app launcher 3/3 status to continue on my 117 week streak.

2 Likes

Now that ABK is a part of Microsoft, how long until Microsoft Jewel is replaced by Candy Crush in the app?

4 Likes

lol :laughing:

Just used my points to get a $66 Amazon gift card and bought the WD 1TB Xbox SSD which was on sale for $124 for $70(after taxes).

7 Likes

Not so much a quest but a query - if I’m abroad on holiday in the same region (I.e I’m in Spain from UK) can I still continue to do the daily bing tasks without penalisation?

I think so, but cautionary tale that whatever you do, do not load up Microsoft Rewards when you’re on a VPN, even if it’s to/from the same region.

1 Like

I don’t think I will chance it even on the WiFi lol

Wow another nerf just launched today. They’ve redeuced the daily points for getting an achievement from 50pts to 5pts.

I like the program, but I hate how they’ve nerfed so many things that made me change my habits.

2 Likes

“Daddy, how was MS rewards during 2021?”

4 Likes

That daily achievement nerf is pretty bad although it selfishly makes me feel a little better as I haven’t been able to collect any xbox related award points since May

Searches and bing stuff are all I can do

the 250pts for weekly quest is still decent because you can get 1000 points/month. However, they’ve done a lot of weird decisions. I have no clue why they removed the 2000 point they’ve offered if you bought 3 movies from their store. After they removed it, i have never bought a movie from their digital store again. Plus, they also stopped doing promos if you spend x amount of dollars you get x amount of rewards. Since they took that away I spent less during event sales.

I think they def need to improve their system because they’ve made decisions to make consumers spend less

I believe Jez had a very good segment on why MS Rewards has been becoming a poorer service over the years on the last episode.

Basically saying MS Rewards started mainly so MS could collect data from us and feed it to the Bing search engine. Now that Bing has CHATGPT in it and it can stand on its own, MS Rewards has become less of a priority to them.

I personally don’t see it lasting until the end of the generation so we should just enjoy it while we still have it lol. It is what it is.

1 Like

That makes perfect sense why it was so generous in the past. I don’t think they’ll remove it because Nintendo and Sony have their own program. I feel they’re just going to go with a more simplified program without the extra activities to accumulate points.

1 Like

The reduction in rewards is a bummer. I’m not interested in achievements any more. Not for over 10 years, now. MS Rewards was constantly paying for my GamePass Ultimate. And any $100 USD gift cards I earned from rewards are the ONLY time I spend money on full price or pre-order items.

Hmmm. Maybe MS wants me to finally get to chipping away at my back log. :thinking: :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

I’m not sure about that… Here in my region the Bing/search related rewards have become better(from zero, and in no way making up for the Xbox nerfs either), it’s only the Xbox stuff that has gotten worse, significantly so.

disgusting, smh

1 Like

Here in Germany, it’s gotten so much better if you play on PC. 1 multiplayer match in Halo Infinite per day nets me 278 points.

1 Like

Maybe there’s less incentive in North America since the majority of Bing users are here.

The data from Europe and other regions are understandably more useful.

Oh wow, yeah that’s a lot.

Yeah, it seems like it is varying a lot between different regions and countries. Common theme seems to be to nerf Xbox users though.