Microsoft Q4 2022 earnings, gaming revenue down 7%

3 Likes

So GP continues to grow, they can’t make enough hardware, and they need software to sell - which we all knew after so many games were delayed.

13 Likes

Basically. GP #s growing is the positive takeaway here.

3 Likes

There is no concern here. They are doing good with inflation that rampart for the past year and gas prices. Also 2020 and 21 was up years due to the epidemic

Surprised they didn’t announce what Game Pass count is up to. When did Microsoft announce the 25m?

4 Likes

It took quite a while for them to announce 25m after the previous 18m number, I wouldnt expect any GamePass numbers until another major milestone

As for the revenue being down, completely expected and I believe they already projected it to happen

2 Likes

Basically Xbox represents 8% of MS revenue

1 Like

So I’m dumb and I haven’t had my coffee yet (but mostly dumb), I thought gaming was down?

Microsoft stock shoot up by 10. Clearly the confidence is there for these investors.

4 Likes

Damn… Xbox has nearly doubled revenue since the Dark Age.

My stonks be good.

2 Likes

For this quarter, but the fiscal year was the best.

3 Likes

Will be triple when AB closes.

2 Likes

The big jump in revenue from FY20 to FY21, that’s mainly Bethesda right?

Bethesda didn’t close until March of 2021, which means only like 3 months of their income would be included (and I don’t think they had any notable releases in that time frame). I’m sure some of it is Bethesda though.

XSX release would have been in FY2021, they also had pretty explosive Game Pass growth from 2020. From like 10 million to 18 million.

4 Likes

i think that is the bump from Covid. Xbox also had pretty good releases the last 2 years.

If the releases had been on schedule for Halo Infinite content, Redfall and Starfield I doubt we see a dip.

1 Like

Not sure myself as redfall was what set for release now-September

And starfield was November they wouldn’t have contributed to the software numbers And they are selling Xbox’s as fast as they can make them

With inflation starting to hit people are just spending less as food/rent(mortgage) comes first

I think we still would have, the world is opened up and so I bet some it is people enjoying life outside?.

That’s where xcloud comes in and sure shows a new sight of growth for the company. This is why Phil is smart to invest this. He’s essentially creating this ecosystem to be anyplace, anytime.