Microsoft have removed the big series X sticker on the front of their boxarts (ZhugeEX)

Good to hear they took the feedback seriously, some of the positioning for where they were putting the logo was becoming meme worthy at times.

I’m glad I thought it looked bad and uninspired

Frontier hasn’t got the memo yet it seems. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

They should have just made the game cases the rupee shape. Gone all out!

I was getting used to it… I think i’m gonna miss it now :frowning: But kuddos to Xbox for listening to the concerns

I am all digital now anyway, so it had no impact on me. But I used to be huge into collecting games physically, and I would not have liked this. I am glad they made a change based on feedback.

That is a pretty quick turn around by MS on this, and a positive one I think. While not terrible, that badge was pretty big…

The badge itself isn’t a bad idea, I just don’t think it makes sense to have it on the key/cover art in that way…and that’s coming from someone who is all digital.

I think having it on the plastic makes more sense if they want it to stand out. Either way, good move.

as most have said in all honesty never really bothered me that sticker being there. Maybe if they want it on the box put it on the back

Great to hear, but honestly would have loved a new, sleeker box design for this upcoming generation. That one concept art with Alan Wake 2 that was getting passed around on the Xbox subreddits was beautiful.

Minimalistic is usually the way to go on these and that sticker was everything but.

I wish they would get rid of the console names in the black strip at the top.

If the game supports both X and One then “Smart Delivery” should be implying that support. If its Series X exclusive, then use the Series X logo (see image)

download

People would be confused I think they have to spell it out

2 Likes

Never bothered me but it would make sense to remove it and put it on the back tbh

Nice, I think it would look better smaller on a corner because I wasn’t a fan of the way it was especially because I want a physical copy of Halo Infinite :slight_smile:

I think it is a good move but it didn’t bother me one bid with the logo on the first. I’m glad MS takes feedback and put it into action. Now, hopefully Sony can do the same and allow the PS4 DS4 to be used with PS5 games on the PS5.

Ohh I’m excited for Planet Coaster :heart_eyes: hope it has mod support

Kinda boring that the series X boxart is the same as the Xbox One but it’s not a big deal.

Didn’t bother me personally, once I finish a game I put it in a closet with all the other ones, and would never look at the sticker ever again (unless borrowing/selling). Nevertheless, I think it’s a great move.

Well … good move … but as a digital only user for years I can only say… me wayne :sunglasses:

They really should have put the series X enhancement in the translucent part of the banner where all the 4k/hdr info is now. All that stuff is redundant. It’s a next gen game. 4k60 is the lowest bar to pass.