Microsoft-Activision-Blizzard Discussion Thread (Part 1)

Microsoft is massive in B2B with Windows, Office and Teams. Certainly more enteenched than Xbox is anywhere.

Well Teams is getting some side eyes though. But mainly in Europe.

But it is just like with all those Adobe acquisitions :joy: Nobody cares.

I still believe that FTC wonā€™t do anything - Microsoft is neither Amazon nor Apple and the american regulator wonā€™t block a deal between american company that helps the american company to compete against japanese and chinese companies.

3 Likes

I dont have the background enough to answer that, maybe someone can ask Hoeg.

1 Like

3 Likes

Colin M cosplays an intellectual but has said things like no Bethesda game would ever be exclusive, The Elder Scrolls 6 will probably still come out on PS, and Game Pass isnā€™t actually profitable and Phil Spencer is lying

23 Likes

Heā€™s a Sony Fanboy, and he will say whatever he has to for the views.

12 Likes

Idk why you guys listen to him if you hate him so much

10 Likes

Canā€™t help it I guess. Did wonders for my psyche not listening to idiotic PS fanboys

4 Likes

Hereā€™s a question, can a market even be reasonably defined if the total profit for that would be market is zero?

Actually by the legal definition Iā€™m not sure if the courts will consider cloud gaming to be a different market.

Never have and never will. But sometimes his FUD gets passed around as gospel and Iā€™m forced to learn of it.

7 Likes

Well I got my answer on who thought the argument is convincing.

1 Like

In fairness theres a 99% chance it will. And a 0 % chance it comes to Playstation.

2 Likes

Same.

I have said this since January. No concessions anywhere. COD exclusive starting in 2024. Sony passes on Microsoftā€™s offers and it blows up in their face.

5 Likes

Pass me some of that hopium. Iā€™ll trade you some copium.

To be fair, no concessions have actually been brought forth by regulators. And the deal has been approved in regions without the need for concessions.

10 Likes

I believe this is why Hoeg is indicating that Sony is making a mistake by not signing the deal. They are putting themselves in a position where they can get a much worse outcome, and at this point that worse outcome may even be more likely.

5 Likes

Yeah, because Bobby and Phil planned to mistreat so many people for years, cover up the whole thing until Xbox was in a place where it had Microsofts full support and than reveal everything to sell the company for less./s

This company is so freaking greedy that itā€™s making up some elaborate scheme where nothing exist. Like what the heck!

4 Likes

And acti-bliz stocks were north of 100$ before the acquisition