Microsoft-Activision-Blizzard Discussion Thread (Part 1)

1,000 is not a small number especially if you work in tech and are seeing how uncertain job security is at the moment. But agree to disagree. I still think this deal will go through.

But you guys are KIDDING yall selves if you all think Microsoft will make another big purchase like this in the near future for multiple reasons.

lol k

I don’t know how much the rest of you know about Tech (I’m an expert), but recession…

And you know @BRiT what’s funny about multiple corporate accounts in Teams? They support them on mobile :joy: But not on desktop.

They won’t be making another purchase like this because there isn’t anyone out there like ABK

But if by big purchase you mean any kind of publisher like Sega which is probably around a 5b purchase, then I fully expect something like that to happen if this purchase fails and not post recession

5 Likes

Nobody said they were an expert lmfao. And big tech HAS been hit by a recession. Where have you guys been? But like I said I’ll let you guys be.

Agree, there are not many companies that would be in the same position as ABK at the time of the deal - despite being profitable, the stocks were tanking, they had lawsuits from the government and protests from the workers.

Only EA I think at this point want to merge with somebody.

To me Microsoft should’ve went for SE western division but I understand why they need COD for gamepass and mobile.

SE West would have been nice but it ultimately wouldn’t do much for them

Some projects was cancelled due to various factors (including external ones). Done.

Yeah. People bring SE West for personal reasons, but SE West does not move the needle at all and does not push forward any of Microsoft plans.

I’m sure Microsoft is happy that all the focus is on cod…

No one seems to care about allllll the other IP Microsoft will get and likely make exclusive :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Let them focus in CoD, and I’m sure MS is happy to allow CoD on playstation plus day 1 as a concession as long as Sony pays up.

1 Like

Well, yeah.

ABK is the largest acquisition in Microsoft’s history. It’s more than 2.5 times as large as the runner-up, LinkedIn. So obviously it stands to reason they won’t make another purchase like this for quite some time. That much is common sense.

1 Like

There is also rumor that Infinity Ward is working on a new IP with former BioWare devs. So while COD will remain multiplatform, IW’s new IP will most certainly be exclusive.

1 Like

And then they will buy Netflix :joy:

Or something else equally insane.

Interesting, infinite warfare campaign was great, I’d like more of that with bioware rpg elements!

We will see. :upside_down_face:

Nobody expects the XXX acqusitiion :joy: We need to make a meme with Phil, Satya and Sarah.

Why not Nintendo? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: As per the CMA, Nintendo offers differentiated hardware and content aimed primarily at a different customer segment (e.g., more ‘family-friendly’) . Should just sail through.

1 Like

Your definition of “bleeding money” is probably the disconnect here.

4 Likes

I don’t remember reading anything about former BioWare devs, but what I read was Open World RPG coming out of their Poland studio, which has typically been focused on the engine/R&D.

Edit: Nevermind, I see the Bioware references after some googling.