Microsoft-Activision-Blizzard Discussion Thread (Part 1)

Nah. Google is in deeper trouble in EU than Microsoft. Microsoft even addressed their concerns with european companies earlier this year, which neither Google nor Amazon do.

Still it is hilarious how petty Google is. Their hatred towards Microsoft is strong. Really look pathetic at this point. And all of that while Microsoft is gaining positive support from the mass consumer market.

6 Likes

If the deal were to fall through it would be devastating for Activision.

1 Like

Activision would be the least of concerns if the deal were to fall through. Though I don’t expect it to fail. However the relationship between Sony and Microsoft will certainly deteriorate. Especially considering that allegedly Sony in fact does not use Azure, but still in an exploratory phase. ABK relationship with Sony too will deteriorate as they can forget about any deal with them.

Granted MSFT and Sony relationship will deteriorate anyway as Satya clearly announced a war essentially. Hoeg’s video will be interesting.

3 Likes

Btw, expect pushback from Sony for ALL future Xbox acquisitions big or small even if chances of them stopping any acquisition are basically nil.

1 Like

I wonder what Sony is trying to achieve with that though. Public sentiment is not on their side and most of other publishers either (they like when their competitors leave). Spoiling relationship with Microsoft is also not in Sony’s interest…

I would argue that looks like a bad faith argument for Google then.

1 Like

I mean…. To me it’s obvious what they want, they’ve made it very clear from the beginning. What they want is a concession that COD will always remain on PlayStation consoles.

[quote=“Resist, post:6395, topic:10519”]

Btw, expect pushback from Sony for ALL future Xbox acquisitions big or small even if chances of them stopping any acquisition are basically nil.

Idk about that. The things is the deal would have to be over 93 million to even require approval. Then if it is over 93 million the regulators would need to choose to investigate further. Most deals go through without any regulator comments at all after the filing passes a certain timeline (FTC for instance is 30 days). So I do not expect any pushback on smaller deals like if they went and purchased a company the size of Obsidian or Playground again for instance.

The thing is that their complaints won’t change the outcome but will only drag the process at best.

1 Like

There will be pushback from Sony regardless if the regulation process is necessary, even if it’s just a public statement from Sony. It basically costs Sony nothing to impede MS in any way possible.

It won’t change it going through. But I would relax with the idea that there wouldn’t be requirements made by the regulators. It’s highly likely there will be, and i promise you guys, it won’t kill you

I wonder how Microsoft will response…Maybe by making more deals for everything. Because Sony is basically creating trouble for Microsoft’s vector of growth. Such opposition is not taken lightly by any company.

Nah, I don’t expect requirements or concessions.

You have no idea how things will turn out, just like the rest of us. Chill out.

3 Likes

This is what Idas (from ResetEra) had to say:

It is going to get pretty interesting.

I said highly likely?

You did, no need to second guess yourself. You can re-read your post if you forgot.

1 Like

Microsoft is really ahead of regulators as they addressed the concerns related with cloud for example

And funnily enough their new changes start from the 1 of october

7 Likes

Ahh, and there’s that disgusting attitude from Resist. Nice man,

He just cannot resist

1 Like

Jim Ryan…