Microsoft-Activision-Blizzard Discussion Thread (Part 1)

DAAAAAAAAMN lol. Seriously, everything Jim is doing reminds me of Jack during the start of last gen. :person_shrugging:t2:

Good, Sony and Sony fans think they have some inherent right to be console Market leader and keep acting like it even though Switch is way outpacing PS5 sales and even PS4.

Sony have been the most anti consumer Gaming Company for years now and it is about time they deal with the consequences. I hope at some point Sony stop automatically selling due to brand loyalty and nothing else.

5 Likes

Sony NEVER innovated, they just bought off games from the competition and nickel and dime their customer base to death. They and their fans are completely stuck in the past.

2 Likes

And acquired nearly every single one of their ‘big studios’ on top, but it’s ok when Sony do it.

• Naughty Dog = Acquired
  • Sucker Punch = Acquired
  • Guerrilla Games = Acquired
  • Insomniac = Acquired
  • Bend = Acquired
  • Etc
9 Likes

Also, Sony bought a publisher, when they decided to enter in the video games market.

13 Likes

Yep the biggest publisher in Europe at the time, it all seems to be ‘forgotten’.

12 Likes

I think the acquisition broke some people’s brains

12 Likes

Why not give a free xbox to anyone who purchases a ps game? Competition.

This is a bigger deal than ppl treat it online I think. When Sony made that purchase Psygnosis represented 40% of the PAL marketshare. ABK never got remotely close to that kind of marketshare in any territory. Sure, nowhere near same scale in terms of cost for buying the pub, but in terms of how it affected the trajectory of the platform it was HUGE for Sony and they are enjoying the benefits to this day in PAL regions.

23 Likes

Ok/s

Funny how all the Sony stans and the media either don’t know or conveniently forget that fact with all the current discourse around Xbox.

Also, given that Sony’s entire focus has been pushing out competition through locking non-owned IP to their platform with moneyhats, like they did with Sega, it’s particularly rich to see the revisionism and subsequent pearl-clutching from those same groups. Give me a fucking break.

25 Likes

2 Likes

sony doesn’t money hat. they help with producing small games. such as ff7.

1 Like

If you moneyhat IP long enough it becomes the first party :fire:

Guess what… MS will be funding future call of duty titles

So they are eligible to make CoD exclusive

I think @cupcake was sarcastic

3 Likes

People were literally discussing Xbox getting out of the industry as per anticompetitive tactics from Sony altogether OPENLY just fine. Journalists were reporting “Sony is making huge multiplatform games exclusive for PS5” just fine. We went in this generation (before Bethesda) fearing that Xbox was gonna be driven out, and everyone who wasn’t an Xbox fan was just fine and casual with that. All this stuff isn’t any old history, it’s no older than two years ago. No one was calling for governments to intervene for Xbox’s sake, but they are now when it looks like Sony might no no longer be the undisputed and dominant marker leader :skull:

17 Likes

Fair

it was a joke, i am probably the biggest and oldest xbox fan.

1 Like

Thank god Sony is there with exclusivity deals on games and DLC to help out poor little publishers like Square Enix and Activision. Will nobody give them a break! It’s quite obvious they are the saviors of videogames!