Microsoft-Activision-Blizzard Discussion Thread (Part 1)

the multiplatform ‘commitment’ from both Smith and Spencer definitelly helps a ton on the process. even if it turns out to be the same like the Bethesda one.

I mean that Schreier will be hardest hit from the news that the acquisition will be moving fast after his entire FUD campaign about the stock market…

5 Likes

Oh, this. I wonder how he will react on the next acquisition by Microsoft :joy:

4 Likes

Nobody at Microsoft, the FTC or the EU cares about Jason Schreier. Why is this guy then living rent free in your heads?

6 Likes

The most “notable” journalist in the industry attempted to begin a ill informed FUD campaign with little reasoning…

That’s a legitimate issue, it’s not that he’s living in anyone’s head as you so put.

4 Likes

its not an issue because nobody involved in the process listens to him

1 Like

Here’s hoping a miracle end of year closure. I think realistically if it is truly moving that fast, it could close at March.

I’m curious as to what the end of the beginning means. If he was talking the process with regulators then that means it got to that point in just under 3 months. They only submitted paperwork in March. Could mean they are on track for a latefall, early winter close.

1 Like

Nobody is implying he is

People just dont like him because he’s a twat

It makes me wonder can MS buy another studio while they’re in the process to certify the deal with ABK?

I think the majority here agrees that they don’t want to make too big waves, at least until it’s done. If that also affects small and independent studios is up to your interpretation.

Well whatever the case let’s see how it see how it plays out

I am once again asking for Hello Games

The fact that Brad Smith is referencing the process openly like this also reinforces my strong belief that this is such a huge deal for Microsoft’s gaming ambitions that they will absolutely fight this in court if one of these regulatory bodies like the FTC makes an arbitrary decision for whatever reason that doesn’t appear to hold up well. And this is a company with the deep pockets to pursue and win such a fight which should give those regulatory bodies some pause on doing anything that doesn’t match the facts under review.

2 Likes

This is literally one of the biggest deals in the history and the biggest one for Microsoft. Of course it holds the great importance. They fill fight in the court for any concession that they will deem unfair.

The words that follow this was my focus though, which is they will go the full fight on this one in court even if necessary where they would likely stand a very strong chance of winning.

Because he’s outspoken and needs to be called out for it. Nothing to do with living in anyone head. By that logic lets ignore everyone and comment on nothing. Its funny making fun of a lying dipshit like Schrier.

Oh they will for sure fight it in court if they try anything without a doubt. I don’t think FTC would have a single shred of chance of winning it either so they won’t even try, they’ll probably try to threaten Microsoft but they’ll easily call the bluff.

2 Likes

A publisher? No chance?

Studios? Dont see why not, they could easily enter into some sort of agreement to not announce a deal until after the ABK deal loses

What do U mean by that ?