Microsoft-Activision-Blizzard Discussion Thread (Part 1)

What happens with Destiny 2 a year down the line?

Does Xbox have the right to put it on Gamepass permanently as Activision have the publishing rights.

1 Like

Activision no longer publishes Destiny 2, Bungie now self-publishes it.

3 Likes

Not gonna lie, kinda getting sick of the ‘‘What should Sony do, which publisher should they buy next, will they be ok ?’’ comments.

Sony actively tried to kill Xbox, they aggressively still try by keeping ‘‘lifetime’’ timed 3P exclusives off Xbox, it’s business sure but they’re one of the most ruthless companies out there. So who gives a F about Sony. They never played nice so why should MS ? Plus, Sony is still nr 1 even with the Activision acquisition. MS is still 3rd in that space. I don’t want Sony to go away (and they’ll never do), but I do want MS to kill the childish nostalgia that brand has associated itself with the crazies, I wouldn’t mind if they slip down to 3rd for once. And they’ll still be fine then. But all of this is just the start, Sony deserves to be humbled imo. And these people need to stop pretending like Sony needs to do anything when they’re still 1st. They know Sony will be fine, they’re just afraid Sony might not be nr.1 forever lol.

20 Likes

Agreed with everything.

But I think most are saying it not because they hope so, they are just curious what their next move will be or if there will even be one.

1 Like

Whats the most likely outcome for Playstation

1. They decide to fight MS and make Spartacus a real competitor, fast forwarding plans to make first party games day and date on the service, acquire more small studios and make a few timed exclusive deals.

2. Double down on their “premium” vision, continue with 70 dollar games, 10 dollar upsells, quality over quantity.

1 Like

Some of you know Griffin Gaming and his videos. These are his predictions for all this. I guess he does have a point about comparing it to Minecraft, thoughts?

1 Like

AB was the last thing on my list in terms of purchases. I personally don’t like it at all but I completely get it from MS’s POV.

1 Like

Don’t think most of these are accurate

I see. But MS did keep Minecraft on all platforms. On the other hand that’s a franchise that hasn’t seen new iterations in forever and CoD is a annual thing. And that was also years ago, the way they do things now probably has changed. What is your take on his first take?

Warzone stays multiplatform, every cod post acquisition is exclusive.

11 Likes

Preach. The irony is watching the ones talking about how “consolidation is bad” while then saying something like “Sony should retaliate by buying -insert publisher name here-” in the same breath.

7 Likes

Doesn’t sony lose the spiderman movie license ifthey are brought? I feel like I read that somewhere

Keep Warzone a multi plat and if they want the full COD experience, go buy a X/S or make a PC.

10 Likes

I saw that Sony posted new HFW story trailer and screenshots. And one of the comments was that this is what it’s all about, not billion dollar acquisitions, Sony out here correcting the narrative.

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Yet if Sony had made that move it would have been praised to the high heavens. I’ve no doubt of that.

4 Likes

Ohhh hims has a jacket :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

I mean you can make that point with any large purchase like this, even Zenimax. But as always, I.P plays a massive role in valuations and Microsoft is getting some of the biggest in the industry and making massive moves in areas where they are weak such as mobile.

Do you think this hurt Sony ? wait for MS to announce removal of gold and MP would free. this move would put so much pressure on them

1 Like

Minecraft should never be compared to other games as it’s more of a “Platform” in itself than a game. COD may very well remain multiplat however if MS’s bean-counters do the math and see that it’s more profitable to keep these games exclusive, best believe they will be exclusive!

After how Sony has been paying every publisher under the sun to keep games off xbox and effectively attempt to kill the brand (KOTOR exclusivity especially pissing me off) personally i would love for them to go all “scorched earth” with Sony and deny them everything. But that’s just me.

2 Likes

The logic of some…

1 Like