Microsoft-Activision-Blizzard Discussion Thread |OT3| - Sony bends the knee!

If there’s a new agreement in writing it would absolutely be announced. These are publicly traded companies

No it’s not #HoldtheLine

2 Likes

The CMA’s u-turn on the Microsoft/Activision deal is a sign that the competition regulator might be starting to understand its approach to Big Tech will bring no good to the UK, writes Cento Veljanovski

Really interesting article about how the “big is bad” mentality is absurd.

7 Likes

Their U-turn seems to be from pressure and being made to look silly on the world’s stage.

1 Like

We should at least get a staff letter today explaining what’s going on. They’re the most important thing in all this.

I don’t have the slightest doubt this will close in a few weeks.

Just to add even though I’m not worried I’m very nosey so I do want updates through the next few weeks.

9 Likes

There are many reasons Europeans should be cautious with Big Techs, including the fact they only make America richer, but for every case they rise, CMA or EU should have good arguments (here, EU had, for example).

3 Likes

The ABK thread on Otherera has deluded themselves into thinking Kotick would personally receive the 3 billion if the deal falls through lol.

7 Likes

The funniest thing is trying to convince themselves that Bobby Kotick has all of the leverage. As if Microsoft wouldn’t also have an incentive to drop this in favor of further AI investment or gaming acquisitions that would be less scrutinized.

Throughout this entire thing, it seems like whenever something positive happens to further the deal, the doom and gloom gets worse and worse over there :rofl:.

Also, I would not be shocked to see this deal close and see multiple posts of ‘well they will unwind it later’.

7 Likes

Bobby Kotick

He moonwalks away

3 Likes

As we are approaching OT4 please may I propose we name it…

11 Likes

At this point, is anyone really going to be surprised by the outcome? I mean ANY outcome. It’s been a wild ride, so many twists and turns and unexpected “impossible” things have happened. I wouldn’t place bets on anything at this point, positive or negative!

1 Like

There were some that said that OT4 would never come… What have they to say now?

2 Likes

Maybe we should extend OT3 by a month.

2 Likes

Admiring the work of Phil Spencer and the team at Xbox are one thing, that is just borderline acting like Sony fans we all complain about.

There is a massive difference between King David playing up Phil Spencer as the ‘Savior of Xbox’ versus a fanboy console warring and doxing a patient while said patient is having surgery all in the name of ‘console passion’.

Point being, it’s clear if you follow King David, Gaz, etc. that they are just having fun with the whole console war stuff. The same can’t be said when you put your profession at risk due to ‘console passion’.

1 Like

I was one of them and while I lost the battle, it appears I’ll win the war. God bless the fam, God blast the foes

1 Like

I did follow them, and to me there was no difference except the Sony fan was a moron about where he does it.