Microsoft-Activision-Blizzard Discussion Thread |OT2| The NeverEnding Acquisition

I would test water before reconsidering. That’s like if Starfield does weak, they make it multi platform. Show them who’s the boss.

“Nothing compares to Call of Duty”, they say.

Xbox Live charts:

US

UK

France

Germany

Poland

Austria

Italy

Spain

Portugal

Mexico

Brazil

Steam, global

I notice a strange pattern :thinking:

10 Likes

This place is cool. You can say why wanted it to fail without worry of a ban.

I know you’ve come around but what was your initial thoughts?

1 Like

They’d rather them being acquiring other companies instead.

3 Likes

Keep the discourse out of the fanboy gutter, please.

11 Likes

That’s wrong. It’s impossible to know because much of the revenue is pushed through Ireland and the EU for tax reasons. Their UK subsidiary does not deal with the bulk of revenue in the U.K.

This has already been established.

Challenge accepted. Here, have a kitkat.

32 Likes

The title is a bit of click bait but he’s talking about their aggressive stance with pushing out AI applications into their software. He’s not wrong, I can’t remember the last time Microsoft was as aggressive when it comes to a new tech. Saying that it could be said that they’ve been too passive with initiatives when they’ve been in the lead only for others to surpass them and to lose out. It makes sense as AI is the next massive battle ground and the company that takes the lead is going to make so much money.

1 Like

Agree. I don’t think they’re wanting to make the same mistakes of the past, like with Microsoft 365 and Google Docs. Time to disrupt their own market basically.

1 Like

8 Likes

Do we need any more. I’d imagine Microsoft might do something that surprises from nowhere.

I’m thinking Luna still might happen

1 Like

Ok, I can only go by the numbers that are public. I’m sure Microsoft does funnel money for tax purposes, but to assume that Microsoft is funneling an additional $33 - $53 billion dollars of revenue generated from the UK is just as crazy as some of the CMA crackpot takes I’ve seen from you.

Edit: Apologies on my end, it’s crazy to see how much money is legally allowed to be funneled. I figured the UK would have some law in place to ensure they see some of that corporate tax money.

Hard to get consistent figures for them but the yearly revenue for Microsoft’s Ireland branch in 2021 was 56 billion dollars. I don’t know how many countries that kind of tax avoidance scheme might cover though.

1 Like

I stand corrected then, would never assume that much could be funneled. That’s wild.

1 Like

FTC and CMA’s next crusade. “We need to stop market bully Bing from stealing market share from Google. Protect Google! Stop Bing before it becomes a search monopoly.” :upside_down_face:

Sometimes, I like internet.

16 Likes

I’d like to see deals with EC and UK headquartered cloud gaming companies. Will put additional pressure on those regulators.

I was looking at the Disney’s 21st Century Fox acquisition regarding their regulatory ordered divestment, turns out almost all of it was just a de jure enforcement of the original intended deal, they didn’t want the sports division , de facto they only had to sell a few channels of the EU division of A&E. Plus a major divestment that wasn’t ruled as a condition was selling Fox’s shares on Sky plc that was worth roughly as the sports division.

So basically what Disney “had” to sell was just a fraction of what the whole thing was worth, in other words, if regulators wanted to MS to divest something, it could only be even smaller than Blizzard which is the ugly duckling of the trio.

1 Like

I’ve never seen Wrath of Khan, but why is Jim Ryan Spock? That seems all kinds of wrong.