Microsoft-Activision-Blizzard Discussion Thread |OT2| The NeverEnding Acquisition

Either way, it’s bad optics for a supposed impartial regulatory body.

If they thought that then they wouldn’t label the others as market participants.

2 Likes

Yet twice now they’ve released statements from 3rd party participants

They dont want to pay for COD on PS+. For the players I say. Jimmy calling mama CMA to order MS to put COD for free on PS+, then we have a deal.

1 Like

SMH right on time.

13 Likes

The usual suspects, clicks must be low, need to get them till friday

12 Likes

Me

11 Likes

Well good news for Sony! They are about to increase to 98/2…

8 Likes

“Too much positive news regarding Microsoft lately…let’s get something out, stat!”

12 Likes

Lol Dring made a good point for the merger.

2 Likes

Yikes, back at it again batting for Sony on this weird endeavour. I guess he doesn’t want to lose his access card to Jim. Imagine trying to spin this whole thing that the most competitive market is a 28% gap… and that’s Microsoft’s best shot at market share so the worldwide share must be much worse…

9 Likes

Sony’s market share being 28% larger than Microsoft’s is considered close? Someone’s trying too hard again.

13 Likes

Dring clearly didn’t do his math and his tweet is having the opposite of the intended effect. Oops!

11 Likes

yAAeQEk_d

It’s absolutely bonkers how lopsided this is. Quite literally Sony and their fanboys besides everybody else.

13 Likes

The most competitive matket in the world is net 12% lead this generation and higher last gen. Looks like a sign that big change is needed in that “competitive market”, let alone the rest of the world where its less competitive.

3 Likes

Sony uses the logic of a psycho stalker. “If I can’t have her, then no one else will” or even the Bible story of Solomon, Sony would rather kill the baby than share it with Xbox.

1 Like

That’s what we call “moneyhat.”

1 Like

I like the part where they were the ones in the first place who stated Microsoft intends to deny CoD availability on PS+:

Post-Transaction, Microsoft would have the ability and incentive to exclude or restrict rivals, including PlayStation and PlayStation Plus, from having access to Call of Duty. The Decision identifies five recent Microsoft acquisitions of games studios where, shortly after the acquisition in question, Microsoft changed the business model of the acquired studios and withdrew new titles from competing platforms. As the CMA found, Microsoft “has a pattern” of acquiring development studios “and making their upcoming games exclusive to Xbox” (Decision, para. 192). Given the significance of Activision’s titles, Microsoft would have an “even stronger incentive” to make them exclusive to Xbox and Game Pass post-Transaction (Decision, para. 194). In fact, Microsoft does not contest that it intends making Activision content exclusive to Game Pass and denying PlayStation Plus access to that content (Decision, para. 226).

Now the goalpost has moved to “but, we can’t afford it!” after Microsoft called their obvious bluff.

19 Likes

It’s not unviable. 90% of your Playstation profit every year for CoD on PS+ is still profit, so is 100% (breaking even), so is operating at a loss. Disney + wasn’t expected to make a profit for 4 years.

3 Likes

So MLB is exclusive to Xbox. Got it!

13 Likes