Microsoft-Activision-Blizzard Discussion Thread |OT2| The NeverEnding Acquisition

“Wait, that’s illegal.” -Google

8 Likes

Seems like everyone gets a anti trust lawsuit

AND YOU GET ONE AND SO DO YOU, EVERYONE LOOK INSIDE YOUR BRIEFCASES!!

How the hell are they gonna be able tackle so many suits

3 Likes

78mf6b

Although it is DoJ here.

3 Likes

Xbox revenue not looking pretty

This should help ABK deal go through right ?

4 Likes

Old news, there is no evidence and DeekeTweak is a 100% Sony shill

2 Likes

Not sure if it helps the acquisition or not.

Anyways, discussion about the Microsoft quarterly results is already taking place over here:

I’ve noticed a lot of the concern trolls on OtherEra

“oh I want this deal to go through but I don’t think it will” “i just have a feeling it won’t” “the wind is blowing against the deal”

What a pile of crap…these dudes absolutely want the deal blocked but don’t want to come out and say it

Also saw someone argue that the CMA is only grand standing and they’re going to block…Gee I wonder why Microsoft’s own lawyers didn’t see this and drop the deal before they’ got on the hook for another $500M…you gotta love these fry cooks giving any kind of business or legal advice

One thing is for certain, this last year has been the age of internet lawyers and legal experts :rofl:

5 Likes

Anyway this may be the last thing I say on here until after we get further decisions

We really don’t know what’s going to happen but I really don’t see the CMA, the most important jurisdiction, blocking per the concern trolls on OtherEra

There isn’t a single legitimate argument to make against blocking, which is why the FTC couldn’t come up with one and slapped together some garbage in hopes to prolong closure until MS called them on their bluff and said they’d close anyway

So…the question is would other regulators do the same thing and block because “big tech bad” ideology ?

Given precedence of the CMA and previous cases I’d say no…there isn’t anything to suggest they’re unhinged like the FTC. They make decisions based off facts and not feelings, and the only tech acquisition they’ve blocked, Meta/Giphy they blocked after doing their due diligence and for good reason…Meta is already a monster in social media and already controls 50% of the advertising in the UK…

The only way the CMA would block is because of ideology. Because they sure as hell aren’t going to have a compelling and legitimate reason to block (the FTC couldn’t) based off facts, so any block would come down to

"fck you we don’t like big tech so we’re blocking"*

I just don’t see the CMA doing this. The FTC are unhinged and incompetent, but no other regulator in any jurisdiction is conducting themselves the same way

Unlike the FTC, the other regulators actually want to do their job, look at the facts and actually be a legitimate and credible body.

Doing what the FTC is doing is only going to hurt the UK in the short and long term and there isn’t any recent case of that either the EC or CMA blocked unless it legitimately hurt competition

Again, no one knows for sure what’s going to happen but I really just can’t see a scenario where regulators are going to follow the FTC lead of all people

8 Likes

7 Likes

Sony made the grave mistake of buying out Bungie.

This pushed Phil over the edge. He hasn’t played Destiny since Bungie was purchased and believe me I keep an eye on his Xbox account.

ABK needs to happen.

1 Like

Why?

6 Likes

Bungie reportedly came to Microsoft first, it didn’t happen :man_shrugging: Personally I’m excited to see what comes from the deal, with the financial freedom to expand and grow the way they want to I think we could see interesting things from Bungie in time. It’s supposedly all going to be multiplatform anyway so everyone wins.

4 Likes

Why not ? Just add him as a friend on Xbox and it follows him. Phil even replies to messages sometimes if you send him one

Just seems a bit odd/obsessive IMO, but each to their own.

I didn’t realize that New Zealand delayed their decision again, waiting for a decision from the CMA and EU so they can make their own? Seems cowardly if so.

5 Likes

I think most regulators are doing that since that’s the big one. The whole deal falls on getting approval from EU and CMU

It’s not cowardly lol, you think a tiny country like NZ is gonna bother doing a huge investigation when their partners in US/UK/AU will be. Australia and New Zealand are tiny markets so of course they’ll just see what’s up worldwide while doing their own research.

Don’t be fooled by the size of the country, there are cities in the world with the same population as the entire Australian population.

America. Where the politicians don’t even try to hide their corruption. :joy:

https://twitter.com/PelosiTracker_/status/1618064447779786755?s=20&t=nXdPCRoaCTH3YnfUFxCqqQ

10 Likes

Is that confirmed, because when I clicked on that the related feed was immediately filled with a bunch of alt-right propaganda.

Yeah I never clicked it. I just believed it because it was Pelosi lol