Metroid: Dread announced for Nintendo Switch (coming October 8)

We’re getting a big budget Metroid game in prime 4.

In terms of budget most games in the series haven’t hit in the way Nintendo wants, and this game in particular has started and stopped development at least 3 times.

This game being $60USD makes me not that interested because I feel there are way too many metroidvanias to make me drop $60 even though this might be the best one

In all honesty I’ve never played a 2D Metroid game before and know little to nothing of the story. My last experience were Metroid Prime 1 and 2, but that’s a long time ago on the Wii.

Metroid Dread looks interesting, but personally I couldn’t tell why everyone is so hyped about it. I think visually it was ok, not very impressive (but repetitive areas in background etc.). Mostly I miss storytelling, and the emotional connection through animation and music. The last similar game I played was Ori (still have to finish it and start the second game), but looking at those trailers I was right away pulled it and could see the appeal.

Watching the Treehouse videos didn’t help either, I wasn’t seeing the enthusiasm or rather fun yet in the commentators. I’m sure I’m wrong though, and I’ll watch some more videos and see if those can convince me that it will be a special game, not just because of the Metroid name on it.

Being Nintendo, I didn’t expect anything but 60 euros, but I think 40 would have been better. I hope for the Metroid fans it will be a great game and sell well, so Nintendo won’t wait another 19 years till Metroid 6 :slight_smile:

This was the most exciting reveal of the show for me. I’ve been waiting for the release of Metroid Dread ever since we first heard of its existence, and it’s pretty crazy to think they’re actually releasing a new 2D home console game with that name.

This is the first 2D home console (I know it’s hybrid, but I can play it on TV!) since Super Metroid, which is nuts. I really hope it sells well.

There is a big budget metroid game in development. It’s called prime 4 And let me tell you right now coming from someone who regards prime 4 as one of the all time great games…if nintendo are gonna out money into a metroid game they need to put everything into prime 4

Prime 4 has to be at the level of a BOTW and mario Odyssey. No reason it can’t be.

Yeah I understand what you mean, I guess asking for two big budget Metroid games is insanity. :stuck_out_tongue:

Let’s hope that Prime 4 will be the kind of production that a series like this deserves.

I hope so. But this is nintendo were talking about. The same company who were too lazy to do different character designs for paper mario.