Meta Quest OS Opens to other companies and LE Xbox inspired Quest in the works

Microsoft will be one of the first companies to help create a device running Meta Horizon OS.

2 Likes

That is not what is happening, I updated the post. Other hardware companies can use the Quest OS but Meta themselves are doing an Xbox “inspired” LE of the Quest 3

2 Likes

I’m guessing the “Xbox” special edition Quest that Meta are making might have Xbox buttons on the hand controllers rather than the usual ones, plus some Xs on it, some green and yep a trial of Game Pass so they can use xCloud.

If they do anything more than that I’d be completely shocked

Thanks for clarification. I just saw a video from Zuck announcing it. Either way this is great news, and the growing partnership with Meta Quest is exactly the VR solution Xbox should adapt.

1 Like

Zuckerberg in his video post said he is imagining a Meta Quest Xbox launching with an Xbox controller and Gamepass bundle.

3 Likes

Lol so close, I was going to suggest it’d come with a controller but then thought surely they’d make the hand things into them instead.

As can’t see an Xbox controller adds much beyond some extra buttons as it doesn’t have a gyro etc.

Guess maybe if we get a new controller that might help (plus I’d love a new controller with some new features)

My 8 year old son is really loving the Quest 3. He plays it everyday before and after school . I think the new generation is really embracing VR.

1 Like

It’s a pity they can’t afford it! :grin:

Smart from Meta honestly, this is how they grow their market. Something we have heard MS “might” be looking at doing long term with Xbox.

Meta going multi-platform!! Hardware doomed!! Where will all my purchases go?!

Sound familiar?

In hindsight I would’ve just got him Quest 2. The game these kids play is called Gorilla Tag and it doesn’t really require the highest tech model.

Hopefully you won’t need a Facebook or Meta account to use this.