Massive Fortnite update to Unreal 5.1 is now live

https://www.epicgames.com/fortnite/en-US/news/drop-into-the-next-generation-of-fortnite-battle-royale-powered-by-unreal-engine-5-1

Fortnite Battle Royale Chapter 4 is here! With the release of the new Chapter, Fortnite Battle Royale now makes use of Unreal Engine 5’s newest, most innovative features, via Unreal Engine 5.1.

Unreal Engine 5 ushers in a generational leap in visual fidelity, bringing an unprecedented level of detail to game worlds like the Battle Royale Island. Next-gen Unreal Engine 5 features such as Nanite , Lumen , Virtual Shadow Maps , and Temporal Super Resolution are now available in Fortnite Battle Royale on PlayStation 5, Xbox Series X|S, PC, and cloud gaming!

6 Likes

Fortnite with good graphics was not something I had on my bingo card.

3 Likes

Graphically that looks stellar. I also have not played Fortnite in a few years, so I’ll be checking it out and see what else has changed.

1 Like

I’ve not played in a very long time and the game is transformed with the change in graphics engine.

The game looks so good and plays very well.

It’s still crazy to me that I reviewed this game just before it exploded… (I still have my Save the World review copy lol).

Edit : I found it

2 Likes

Taken from my Series S, and the update still looks amazing even on this little thing.

4 Likes

How big is the game now? I might have to actually play it :sweat_smile:.