Lost my entitlement to 2 Xbox One digital purchases

Seems like something important to fix if their long-term goal is an all digital future. I’ve never lost my entitlement on any other service (Apple Music, Amazon Music, Steam). In my opinion, this is absolutely something that should be fixed on their end or affected consumers should be reimbursed. Microsoft should be taken to task on these issues.

3 Likes

When Blaze was accidentally free and you claimed it, Xbox sent this once they revoked the license. I assume every time they take something away they send a message

Not the same circumstance, I purchased these games and no message was ever sent explaining the loss of my entitlement. This is an issue with Xbox’s game licensing on the back end. I never noticed these games missing until the new store refresh.

So my latest escalation of this case concluded with Xbox Support telling me that these two games (NHL 15 & FIFA 15) are impossible to download, even if someone has the entitlement. I then sent them a video showing that my friend, who still has an entitlement to FIFA 15, can indeed download and play his game.

It’s unfortunate that Microsoft, the most valuable company in the world, has an escalation team who readily lies to it’s consumers. I asked if they could escalate this case to an engineer who has working knowledge of the entitlement system for the Xbox Store. Obviously this is the only path forward to find the issues to my problem and to prevent these issues in the future. Instead, I’m being told to reach out to EA Support for assistance….

It sure would be nice if someone working for Xbox engineering saw this post & stepped in to actually solve the real problems going on with entitlement management instead of Xbox Support staff who disregard true issues because they’ve exhausted all options on their end because of their lack of expertise.

1 Like

Try Tweeting to Phil or Greenberg or even MajorNelson, they probably can get some traction on this. Post pic with lengthy explanation of what happened.

I tagged all of them on a tweet explaining the situation today, no response.

1 Like

Try to get at TimDog and see if he can get the ball rolling.

1 Like

Lol, I had TimDog tagged on the tweet too lol

https://twitter.com/forwardpushing/status/1456686259473199104?s=21

2 Likes

This kind of thing is why I’m still reluctant to go 100% digital. If a game - for whatever reason - is removed from the store then hopefully by having the disk I should still be able to play the base game.

Having said that though, No Man’s Sky won’t let me launch the game if my console is offline, despite having the disk and it being installed. Not sure if it’s the sa.w for any others.

I’ve done all of this already, unfortunately….