Lg c1 or Sony a80j?

Dude the OLED is so worth it… Once you get one and hook it up you notice a diffence right away

Sorry I met to say the LG C1

1 Like

I’m still using a 1080p Plasma on the gaming system. I’ve so been fighting off the purchase of a new set for far too long. I should get one sometime this year as everything is in place, where most importantly the prices on high tier LG OLED is reasonable (under $3K for 65"). The OLED sets ever since the CX have been solid enough to replace the pinnacle of Plasma even on motion line quality.

My only hesitation now comes from the AVR subsystem. I really don’t want to deal with HDMI 2.1 and eARC headaches. :frowning_face:

1 Like

Get the Denon 760H, it’s been absolutely solid on the HDMI 2.1 front and I believe it was $500 when I bought it. Denon is fantastic, as all Sound United brands are IMO, but they’re one of the only manufacturers out there with an affordable 2.1 AVR. It’s not as powerful as my older Yamaha or Onkyos, but even with my Polk Signature series 5.0 setup I’m still only using an average of 50% of the power (with two S60s).

This makes me want to create an OT for us to share our audio setups….

1 Like

Makes sense to go that way if people don’t want to wait as the other sensible option is to wait for the G2 evo panel to trickle down to the C3 next year.