Let us decipher Phil's code

Υeah Octopath was probably what the Switch tease was, which was actually a really cool announcement/surprise so no complaints there!

The Sekiro one I think is that finally a From game (Sekiro most likely) will come soon on Game Pass? it’s a little weird though since (correct me if I am wrong on this one) there aren’t any From games even though Namco as a publisher is pretty supportive of the platform/service or Activision games on Game Pass… :thinking:

2 Likes

Totally! It came out of nowhere and is something that Xbox in general is lacking. This kind of deal to shore up gaps is what gets me most excited, honestly.

1 Like
5 Likes
  • Watch Dogs Legion (GP)
  • Sekiro (GP)
  • Switch (Octopath Traveler on GP)
  • Kojima’s secret project

2 Likes

Sekiro GP…or exclusive From game?

Someone said it’s Sekiro’s Collector’s edition on Phil’s shelf. And our “favorite fake insider” said not to buy Sekiro right now…So Sekiro’s seems like a lock. But who knows ?! Maybe there’s more ! :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Yea I know. I’m just being dumb.

1 Like

Or Elden Ring launching on Game Pass…as Nick might have hinted at that with his awkward reaction to the topic on the podcast today. I could see both happening.

1 Like

I’d love to see Phil completely empty his shelf and have nothing on it but a cardboard box for the next interview. “Guess THIS.” :smirk:

1 Like

He did have an awkward reaction didn’t he . I don’t know, if the rumours of Xbox trying to get Battfield 6 onto Game Pass are true, then Elden Ring is definitely on the table, because it would be cheaper to get that’s for sure.

1 Like

I think almost literally anything is on the table at this point. It’s more a matter of where MS thinks GP growth could come from than anything else imho.

2 Likes

If Phil just had a cardboard box on his desk/shelf, the speculation would go wild. I would love to see it, haha.

1 Like

I concur. Microsoft has shown that gaming is a major priority atm, so money is not really the issue but more what games will drive Game Pass growth.

Elden Ring is one of those games that it has become almost mythical because not a lot is known. How much buzz would it generate when it is revealed and announced to be coming to Game Pass day one.

1 Like

Or a treasure chest :joy: I think that would set the internet on fire

Oh man I wish.

2 Likes

Card Board Box - Delivery Guy Simulator

1 Like

From what I gathered they created a joint venture for increasing marketing for their games and promoting them other media (anime, tb shows, movies), and instead of cash from paid with a minority stake.

So while I can see Sony getting marketing rights from everything multiplat from From I don’t think it would prevent an exclusive project.

I do find it unlikely due the position From is now where their games are pretty much sure hit in reception and sales, and there’s no shortage of publishers willing to fund their games. So they really have no need to make exclusive games anymore.

2 Likes

Here we go again

5 Likes

And here I was going to point out that Phil didn’t have a shelf behind him… I didn’t think about Sarah’s :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Wow, I really like her jacket.