Konami and Bloober Team have entered a strategic partnership - XboxEra

bloober easily could make a “a true silent hill” if one of the original writers came back and did the story and setting.

The Medium was a better experience overall than Blair Witch, they are steadily improving, lets see what they can do with a bigger budget and a good ip. The ones who are crying are the exact ones who are entitled gamers that only see exclusive only games being true quality . The meltdown will be insane if that reported second project is multiplatform.

4 Likes

I’m fine with Bloober making it. Each game.they have made has improved and The Medium almost felt like a Silent Hill tech test

1 Like

I don’t see the problem with Bloober since almost all the SH are worse than their games, except from a couple classics. People remember too fondly a series with great atmosphere, but in the meantime lackluster gameplay and less than average tech. At the very minimum it will be the most polished SH ever.

I took that personnally.

2 Likes

Have never been into Silent Hill and only remember playing an hour or two of the original Silent Hill game on PS but no attachment whatsoever. If this new game ends up being great, I will play it but if it’s just mediocre, I won’t even waste my time. As for Bloober Team, meh. I’m not a fan of theirs but at the same time, I will take a wait and see approach.

Silent Hill has been dead for like 15 years I dont get the takes from people saying this is awful news. So its awful to get another game? If its good a lot of people are gonna eat some massive crow lol.

1 Like

no way ach komm GIF by funk

2 Likes

This is one of those weird things for me where I’ve never played a Silent Hill game nor a Bloober Team game, so I have absolutely no investment in this topic, and I can just sort of watch in amusement as the rest of the gaming world melts down or whatever. :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

Same here.

I was watching with fascination as they started linking a Konami IP to Kojima with their mental gymnastics of bluebox. And Konami and Kojima are still not on good terms.

1 Like

I enjoyed The Medium but also get that it was far from a AAA horror game, that said I hope Bloober team proves all these doomsayers wrong. I get that children post online, but it’s crazy to me so many people are ok just bashing game devs like this. Seems like lots of cynical groupthink.

1 Like

Sony fans do this to themselves, always falling for every rumor that puts Sony in a good light or IP’s they like in Sony’s court then they flip their shit when these fantasy rumors prove false which they have pretty much done all this generation.

Just about every major positive Sony rumor for the last couple of years has proven to be false, you’d figure they would learn by now.

5 Likes

The first rumor we got about Bloober being involved was about 2 Silent Hill games, one being a traditional one (Bloober’s) and the other being an episodic game by a prominent Japanese dev.

Been saying this a while now…my bet is the rumor from last year of there being 2 Silent Hill games was on point. One was an episodic horror game by a prominent Japanese dev team and the other was a more traditional one with Bloober. I bet Kojima is doing Silent Hills as the episodic one for Xbox. The Bloober one would presumably be revealed later this summer, maybe at Gamescom unless Sony reveals it at their showcase before then.

2 Likes

There would be blood… I think the game would be so hard to talk about on the other era that they would put it on the “banned games list” lol.

3 Likes

What I read elsewhere is so sad. People are becoming what they hate.

I imagine these guys smoking cigare in some old castle dining room sitting in comfy chairs by the fire, telling everyone how they would make the best games if they bought X IP to give to X studio and how this other studio doesn’t deserve any attention. Sprinkle some drama and voilà, the hate on some random devs just materializes and snowball through the internet for basically no reason…

Bloober team have some real talent, but they are on a budget for all their games. They deserve some love, because you can see they are passionate and not the hacks people want you to think.

If the rumors that Supermassive pitch was denied are real, it means that Bloober probably had the more interesting ideas and vision. That’s it. Now, I think we should wait for real infos and a trailer. But some already have made their minds apparently.

1 Like

This is so strange, it went from Sony Japan->Blue Box->Bloober. This past year has proven there are very few “insiders”…

3 Likes

You mean “PlayStation insiders”. There’s very obviously Xbox and Nintendo insiders.

6 Likes

The rumours with Bloober and Konami have been around for a while and unlike the Blue Box fiasco, has always had credible sources.

2 Likes

I dont understand - did Kojima make peace with Konami? No, he did not.

The point being why would Kojima be involved without necessary intermediation or someone being the go-between for the dialogue between him and Konami. Stadia was not the go between party. And unless Xbox licenses out the MGS, SH or Castlevania rights, he would still have to deal with them.

His episodic horror was an original IP that he is now bringing over to Xbox.

Kojima working on a Konami IP should be debunked as a tbad heory on face value.

The other rumour about japanese dev was Japan Studios - which was auto-debunked as the studio closed down.

The strangest part is Bloober telling through no uncertain hints to everyone that they are possibly partnering with Konami, and no one chooses to listen is still baffling.

Lol, it does seem like there is a certain crowd that will eat up these rumors like catnip. I’m going to jumpstart my insider career with the rumor that From Software is creating the next Metal Gear Solid game, directed by Fumito Ueda, and it’s a PS5 exclusive, and the disc is coated with a special chemical that will destroy any Xbox hardware it gets too close to. And if that doesn’t happen, Plans Changed™.

4 Likes