Konami and Bloober Team have entered a strategic partnership - XboxEra

Bloober have the tech in place to make a great silent hill game with a bigger budget and different writers who can evoke the themes and tone of silent hill 1-4.

4 Likes

They had over 150 pages thread about Blue Box Game Studios beeing good enough for Silent Hill

:rofl:

4 Likes

Yeah Im sure that Blue Box would had been stellar for Silent Hill in their minds just because of the Kojima link.

2 Likes

Really ? Based on what ? Based on being an exclusive ?

I really don’t understand the Bloober hate. All of their games had tiny budget and looking at Observer they have the potential to make a great game.

3 Likes

This has to be in the title of some OT here

temper-fu martial arts :rofl:

1 Like

Also, wasn’t bloober rumored to be working with Konami a while now?

Yes

I said that here and social media a while back that people just forgot that Bloober is most likely one working on it lol.

1 Like

It was also Miles ( among the media ) that was sure on that too.

1 Like

How much Nostalgia is factoring into this Silent Hill demand? Im sure outside forums nobody really cares lol.

1 Like

Well…the last truly great one was a PS2 game…so…yeeeaaaa. And I say that as someone who likes the series.

1 Like

I never knew silent hill was a big deal until last year when it was rumored to be a Sony Japan exclusive game. I don’t think the series sold well, and I don’t think they had any critical acclaim game since like the PS2 era. Anyways, can’t discount Bloober because they most likely have been working on a small budget, but maybe they will get their big budget chance here.

1 Like

You guys are nuts Bloober is a great Dev, they are one of the only Horror specific DEVS in the industry and I love their games, I wish MS would buy them.

Silent Hill games have been trash for a LONG time now Bloober will be a really good dev for the IP.

1 Like

I think they are absolutely middle ground. Not as awful as the internet is painting them but not exactly a great studio. At best they are good.

1 Like

i have no clue. maybe it was just boredom :woman_shrugging:

agreed

1 Like

They’re not bad at all, but they have a LOT of room for growth.

Yea given the limited nature of their budgets so far they have done a good job and yea have room to grow but a small dev like them has a ton of potential.

One thing is their last half dozen games to me have been a lot better than any of the post PS2 Silent hill games.

Silent Hill games have sucked for a long time Bloober games have been way above them in quality

Tell me…

Don’t know which other studio is there to make a horror game.

There are not a lot, thats right. Supermassive, Frictional Games, Creative Assembly did good work on Alien Isolation. But there is only one studio wo really made me feel true horror in the last 10 years and it was Sumo (when entering a vehicle in Crackdown 3).

1 Like

Quite a few now, but not enough…

• SadSquare who made Visage
  • Red barrels who made Outlast
  • Any one of the teams under Bloober team
  • Behavior Interactive who are making Dead by Daylight
  • Supermassive who made Until Dawn
  • Striking Distance (owned by tencent) who are making The Callisto Protocol and have the original devs of Dead Space
  • Creative Assembly (console team) who made Alien Isolation
  • Capcom who made RE
  • Valve who made Half Life
  • Monolith who made Condemned (pub by Sega)
  • Techland and Turtle Rock too
  • And Arkane who made Ravenholm (unreleased Valve project )
  • And Tango Gameworks, of course

Not many indies there

1 Like

Bloobers game have great atmosphere but they’re all so bland and boring. I see the potential so I’ll stay optimistic.