Originally published at: 'Killer Instinct' Steam/Xbox Ranked Crossplay Test Begins Today @ 12 PM PST - XboxEra
Developer Iron Galaxy Studios announced earlier this week that everyone’s favourite combo-breaking fighter ‘Killer Instinct’ will have an initial test run of allowing Steam owners the chance to play ranked matches with the Xbox version of the game. For years, ranked matching between platforms was separate and particularly left Steam players of Killer Instinct with a tiny player base to work with. With the recent updates to the game, said players can finally have a larger pool of fighters to work with, assuming everything goes as planned—the feature will be added in a future update if all goes well.
The Ranked Crossplay Test will begin and end on the following days:
- Starts: Friday, February 9, at 12 PM PST
- Ends: Monday, February 12, at 8 AM PST
There are a few caveats, however—check ’em out below:
- Ranked Leaderboards for both Xbox/Windows and Steam will remain separate.
- This is a necessary compromise for us to allow Ranked Crossplay.
- Example: If a Steam player gets a win over an Xbox player, the Steam player will gain points for the Steam Leaderboard, while the Xbox player will lose points for the Xbox Leaderboard.
- During this test window, the Block Cross-Network Play function will be bypassed in Ranked mode only. By playing Ranked, you are opting in to playing Cross-Network during this time. Other online modes are not affected.
- If you are an Xbox player concerned about performance while playing against PC users, remember: Both the Windows and Steam versions of the game require players to pass a performance test requiring 60 FPS before playing online, ensuring that your matches will feel great.
Attention Killers! Killer Instinct will be testing Ranked Crossplay between Steam and Xbox/Windows players for the very first time this weekend.
Starts: Friday, February 9, at 12 PM PST
Ends: Monday, February 12, at 8 AM PST
For the full blog breakdown, please read our news… pic.twitter.com/RBztXVDdYx
— Killer Instinct (@KillerInstinct) February 7, 2024