JRPGs |OT| The Grind to Level 99 is Paved With Good Intentions

Ringo is NOT dead! Etrian HD crossover stuff.

Kind of a monkey paw release though… $100 CAD/$80 US, after Persona 3 and 4 were $20 each. And I hear the Switch physical is for Japan only.

Alright there was quite a bit from that Direct, so let’s do a round up

(was happy to see this, but significantly less so after seeing it priced up the arse)

Thanks @Hix

This one looks really intriguing

What do you think of Rex, age 30 (?). My man is dual-wielding them.

We’ve got a Fei from Xenogears look-alike as well.

2 Likes

Very excited about Fantasy Life, I completed the first one like three times!

Still can’t believe Baten Kaitos, of all series, is coming back. Such an incredibly random and niche pick - and I’m all here for it.

Never was the biggest fan of card battle system JRPGs (think Kingdom Hearts CoM) but BK is a big exception. Plus it has arguably Motoi Sakuraba’s best work for an OST, from a time when he had a lot more variety to his sound.

He looks great, absolutely love Rex and never got the hate.

As for the other guy…eh…doesn’t really look like Fei and I don’t think he’s meant to. That front bang would need to be a lot longer :joy:

1 Like

Kingdom Hearts 1.5 and 2.5 OST are finally on streaming services.

https://twitter.com/NinEverything/status/1624162050762235905

They confirmed the next entry is indeed still continuing development. It was teased all the way back in 2018.

When Soul Hackers 2 was announced for Xbox I predicted other Atlus games were coming (I said I think Re;Fantasy and Persona 6 will be on Xbox day 1) but I left skepticism on Etrian. I think with this that EO Next will be a Switch/PC only title (technically wasn’t wrong when I said multiplat development, Switch and PC :sunglasses:).

2 Likes

Persona 6 is so big sega would be dumb not to put it day 1 xbox.

Also what fuck is up with thr symphonia remaster

30fps when it ran 60 in battle on gamecube?

Fuck getting this garbage.

They lost the source code for the GameCube version so remastered the PS3 version, based on PS2 code, which could only run at 30fps.

It’s disappointing, but I feel compelled to support this in the hopes it leads to more remaster/ports like this down the line. Abyss, mostly.

This game can be very pretty when it wants to be. HDR helps a lot.

I got the double jump / “double fly” for exploration now. Exploring is just super fun in this game.

The story has picked up as well. Not that it’s incredible or anything lol but it’s pretty classic JRPG stuff. There’s been some cutscenes that felt like they’d be at home in a PS1 title (I don’t mean as in they looked bad, just the story beats). That’s something enjoyable about this game, it’s like an outdated-in-a-positive-way game released in 2022.

It’s got a deep discount on Amazon US right now so if you’re thinking about it I’d say pick it up, it’s very fun

1 Like

Im not. I bought vesperia and arise. Not supporting this shoddy piece of crap. Reviews are out. Not great. Basically what weve all been saying. Playable but lazy port

Wish Namco would port Beseria to xbox

1 Like

Wish Namco would port Abyss to Xbox.

Oh man, hopefully the Xbox version is a bit better than whatever the hell that Switch performance is. At least the load times should be.

I’d double dip for Berseria, got it on Steam, great game.

The downside of being digital only is having deals pass you by occasionally :slightly_frowning_face:

The 3DS version, of course.

Seems like Tales of Symphonia Remaster sucks

I did warn that it was a Z-team effort, but I think even I underestimated how low the effort would be lol.

I was planning to get it. Will wait for a bit I think

The Switch version is garbage. From what I’ve read only the west is reporting about those issues. Maybe a patch was released in Japan first ?

Ps4 and Xbox version are better than the Switch version, but still buggy.

I just noticed that the Etrian Odyssey collection was sold for $80. Has Atlus lost his mind? I was planning to take it but I will wait for a serious price drop.

Just got the Kickstarter email to confirm my Xbox Series X codes for Armed Fantasia and Penny Blood. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Reviews came in earlier than I thought. Seems like a winner to me. Will be picking it up next week. Wrapping up the post-game in Star Ocean now so I will have time for this next.