Jez Corden seems confirm the next Arkane's vampires game

I expect CGI like the Dishonored 2, Deathloop, Starfield and TES6 announcements

1 Like

Itā€™s an immersive sim where you play as a vampire, new Ip.

1 Like

Depends on the scene and those involvedā€¦

Prey is one of the best games of the last generation. Iā€™ll play anything Arkane makes.

2 Likes

Interesting context on Arkaneā€™s history approaching potentially a spookier game, though I suppose Prey was quite scary as well:

https://combineoverwiki.net/wiki/Return_to_Ravenholm

2 Likes

You should check out the Noclip documentary on Arkane. Covers Raveholm and LMNO well.

Arkane are incredible world builders and have top notch level building talent.

3 Likes

looks more like a horror game PLEASE NO

please no ;_;

I hope this will be a Xbox exclusive without caveats, I still find hilarious that Deathloop is PS timed.

If it is appearing at the showcase, it will be an exclusive.

1 Like

Youā€™ll never know for sure with MS, I remember E32019 when they showed many games under XGS umbrella which were not exclusives (TOW, Wasteland 3, Psychonauts 2 and MC Dungeons, I know these situations were different, but still) and until official confirmation, itā€™s better to fly low with expectations, MS lacks killer instinct in this department.

Minecraft aside, which is a platform itself at this point, all those games were being published by other companies or had backers for certain platforms. This game is being published by Bethesda, so if it appears at the Xbox showcase then that means Sony does not have any sort of deal for it otherwise it would not be allowed and Microsoft would have just canceled the PlayStation version just like they have done with Starfield by all accounts.

Just listen to what Phil Spencer said when he said the Bethesda purchase was all about exclusive content.

2 Likes

I hope youā€™re right and I am 70/80% positive, but there is always the 20/30% chance MS played nice and didnā€™t shut down PS port of this game (which most likely does exist, considering Arkane Austin last game was Prey 2017), this wonā€™t be a critical title like Starfield so they could have thought that being nice wouldnā€™t have been a bad thing. I hope my fears wonā€™t materialize, because Xbox MUST/NEED to begin to play dirty.

They could have easily shut down at least PS port of Psychonauts 2, theyā€™ve acquired publishing rights (itā€™s a 100% XGS title) and overpayed Fig investors (like 30% more than initial projections) in 2019 and they could have easily refunded PS backers (and/or offered an alternative platform copy) in 2-3s at most after acquisition, so their ā€œplaying niceā€ behaviour is always a risk (who would have cared if theyā€™d shelved a PS port for this game honestly? Why not even try to probe the public reception for a small game like this before Bethesda?). Nintendo shut down an almost released game like Goldeneye or Sony pays for not releasing on Xbox every day, a very stark difference.

Excluding Deathloop and Ghostwire Tokyo, EVERY future Bethesda published game will be exclusive to Xbox/PC.

Theyā€™d better be and rationally I think they will be, but Iā€™m always careful about MS decisions in exclusive department, Phil words are very elastic and we donā€™t know how many contracts they chose to honor alongside the the PS timed exclusives. We also know for a fact that MS as a company since Nadella appointment as CEO is wary of bad pr, so we should always be careful when you already know that a significant portion of media will be against you. Iā€™m sure about Starfield because itā€™s a key game, Iā€™m less sure about lesser games in this transition period.

If there were any other deals in regards to the exclusives going on PlayStation, Sony would have said so in a blog post or their twitter account. They havenā€™t which tells me that thereā€™s no other games that Sony has paid for to be timed exclusive. As for bad PR, if they nail the quality of their exclusives, it wonā€™t matter and will eventually fade away.

No more exclusives obviously (I hope at least lmao), I was talking about multi-platform development, which can clearly be shelved, but who knows how MS would behave in these situations? With the other acquisitions they kept multi-platform commitments, even for games they directly publish like Psychonauts 2, so, I repeat, for this 1-2 years transition period nothing is certain 100%.

stop GIF

3 Likes

I repeat for the nth time: Iā€™m generally positive, but with MS you NEVER know, history is the ultimate proof. Until official announcements we should be careful, hopefully MS will shut down any lasting doubt with this E3.

Psychonauts 2 was a crowdfunded game and thereā€™s no PS5 version. I would think that any Bethesda game that was multi-platform like Starfield is simply an Xbox/PC exclusive with the PlayStation versions being cancelled and trashed because no reason to keep them.