Is Xbox Game Studios Publishing picking up the right games?

I am talking about third party publishing partners

Which third party publishing partners make Mass Effect games?

They have first party for that these days.

It doesn’t have to be necessarily a Mass Effect game just a game that can be significant for Xbox. There are new studios popping up constantly from proven developers like the new studio made up of former BioWare leads. I believe one of the Houser brothers started their own studio which would have been a perfect partner. Respawn Entertainment started out like that as well from proven developers and leads and now they are one of the best in the business. Those are the type of new studios MS should work with not new studios making things like As Dusk Falls.

1 Like

Of course not because that would require nuance and maturity, rather than following the overreactive, reductive means of discourse that’s become so popular these days.

5 Likes

You don’t even know how good As Dusk Falls will be. Stop shitting on unreleased games just because Xbox doesn’t tell you about every of their partnerships.

The premise of this thread is“ Is Xbox Game Studios Publishing picking up the right games?” and I wrote my opinion you can disagree but I was simply answering the OP. Most people agree that As Dusk Falls doesn’t look very appealing just check the trailer comments or any posts on social media.

But you are suggesting Xbox should pick up games from studios you know absolutely zero about. That makes no sense.

1 Like

No. I’m saying they should work with studios with proven history which the As Dusk Falls studio lacks.

Ark 2 is a massive game, and was the most watched portion of the showcase.

5 Likes

Argumentum ad populum is never a good “justification” and I would wager those same people tout titles like Returnal, but clearly never played it based on little the title actually sold. The sooner people realize that online Twitter, Twitch, and other similar personalities/followers, don’t necessarily translate to actual interest/popularity, the better.

1 Like

The lead designer of Heavy Rain and Beyond two souls is unproven?

I can’t :rofl:

4 Likes

Can we cut this disengenuous shit already

They are publishing games both big and small with third party partners and we know they are working on big projects like IOIs project dragon

2 Likes

I don’t think you have any idea about who is running Interior Night, do you?

5 Likes

Reading through this thread for the first time, it’s just non-stop comparative list wars. I promise, we have no clue the amount of projects that Xbox is working on with plenty of both “proven” and “unproven” devs, though that list is surprisingly subjective since people don’t bother learning about the devs involved before spouting off nonsense.

10 Likes

Some people really do live in a complete bubble when it comes to certain games

This happened to SoT for a very long time, somehow it’s still happening with Ark, literally one of the biggest games on the market 7 years later

Having it’s sequel Day 1 on GP is absolutely huge and it will easily be one of the biggest games next year assuming it releases then

9 Likes

But it makes sense though - none of those are the darlings of the hardcode community.

Let’s be honest, the very thread title is an invitation for folks to gripe about not getting the kind of games that they personally want or that they think will score some points in the console wars.

6 Likes

So you mean a game like… Ark 2?

Yup.

Which can be fine, we don’t all want the same things, but there is a lot of bs in this thread for sure.