Introduce Yourselves!

I can’t handle Vietnam too. France is also a track which isn’t fun to drive. But Zandvoort is really nice, this was the first track where I drove a 100% race.

1 Like

Well, I’m from Brazil. 41 years old, I’m a moderator for a Xbox Community in portuguese, PXB .

I’ve played Atari 2600, Master System, Mega Drive and then PC for a loooong time. In 2007 I was back to console, attracted by a little special thing called Mass Effect. Don’t have time to more consoles, and Microsoft seems to offer a very good use for my money. I still play on PC, so I think I’m hooked with Xbox Game Pass Ultimate for a long time.

Hi all.

I am from Belgium. (Dutch speaking part) 31 and I do like games. I am enjoying gamepass with pleasure and love games like Yakuza , dead cells , slay the Spire, mega man, souls series and much much more. I started with a NES in my youth and have all systems. I once had the biggest games collection in Belgium (10 years ago)

Have a wife, no kids and a cool job with plenty of free hours in a day so i can enjoy plenty of media. Love travelling to many different countries but this year was a bust because you know.

My gamertag is DuoRox have around 190.000 GS and do hope to achieve 200.000 before series x.

I al looking forward to positively talk games with you guys.

1 Like

Hey everybody!

I was a young kid reading an old magazine called Games Master from the UK and seen a piece about Microsoft making a new console and it being called the Xbox. Now I can’t remember exactly what it was, or why I was so instantly sold, but there was something there that made my imagination run wild. I hounded my Mum with every small piece of new information that I learned about from my very limited pool of knowledge and found out that a new magazine was to be released called OXM. I tried to learn all I could about it and found that they had a special edition first issue coming very soon. Included with it was all the console, games and launch info and also a bunch of special items like posters, a placemat etc… all in this special issue.

Anyway, after talking my Mums ear off about it for weeks, I came home from school one day and to my hearts near failure, there it was. The OXM special first issue sat at the dinner table waiting for me. My mum comes in all smiles and watches as I open it up. As I slide the contents out, smiling ear to ear, I notice a receipt fall to the ground. I pick it up and glance really quickly at it, see it’s from EB Games and don’t think much of it. My mum tells me to read it, so I do, and right there in black and white is “Xbox Console Pre-Order”! Well launch day comes and we go get my console and a small game called Halo with an extra controller. My friend comes round at lunch time and we didn’t stop playing all day and night. That’s me been hooked on Xbox since that amazing surprise.

Sorry for the wall of text :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hello, I’ve been gaming for majority of my life. I usually own all consoles every gen, but Xbox platform has been my main platform. The reason I gravitate towards xbox because library I have built up, controller, xbox live, and my favourite franchise is Halo. I’m very interested in Xbox’s future because gamepass because it helped me saved a lot of money and made me impulse buy less and save money. Also with the many studios they’ve built up makes me excited.

1 Like

Hi everyone. I love that there is a new xbox centric forum where xbox fans can talk about the platform in peace. Sites like N4G, Neogaf and resetera have become cesspools for Sony fanatics as any topic regarding Xbox will result in hate and downvotes because of silly and selfish reasons.

As a former Lifelong Playstation fan myself, I switch my gaming preferences to the Xbox ecosystem because the PS fan base is so toxic and intolerable. I love Xbox now more than ever.

1 Like

Hi everyone! I’ve been gaming since a kid and owned all kinds of platforms. But Xbox is my favourite since the OG one. So much fond memories & I love all kinds of games. For me, Gamepass is a killer service and hope MS will continue to strive to make it a better place for all the people who love gaming…

1 Like

Hello everyone! I’m a 24 year old in Georgia. I’m big into comics and video games. Im trying to write a novel. I mainly play on Playstation but recently I have been pulling my Xbox out again for Game Pass. Currently, I plan on getting both consoles. Obsidian has my heart. I desperately need Avowed and Halo. I look forward to talking with you all about the future!

1 Like

hey all am steve from the UK am a older gamer 42 years young been gaming since I was very young first pc I got was spectrum 128k. Then moved on to console had nearly every console that has been sold in the UK but always kept an xbox. I have recently also took my love of gaming to Facebook were I started streaming aswell literally just finished my set up streaming with a xbox one x and a pc to set the streaming side up. Looking forward to the next chapter in the xbox line up

1 Like

Awesome! What kind of novel are you writing? (or trying to write)

1 Like

Hello everyone! I’m 30 years old and I’m from the Philippines. I’m a doctor and technically i’m licensed to practice in the UK as well. However due to Covid, i’m still stuck here in the Philippines.

I’ve been gaming since I was a kid, and my first console was actually the PS1. Bought the PS2 as well. However fell in love with Xbox the first time i played Halo at my friend’s place. Decided to save up for an Xbox as well. I then realized that I enjoyed Xbox games more than the games on PS2, which is why i switched to Xbox as my main platform. Been gaming on Xbox platforms ever since, although I do own a Switch as well.

In terms of game genres, my favorite genres are WRPGs and Shooters. I also love playing sports games like FIFA and 2K.

I’m looking forward to the discourse on this forum. Cheers!

1 Like

I’m about to be 33(August 7th), First game I ever played was Sonic 2, my sister rented the system from a local video store at the time. Man, how times have changed lol.

I’m an avid game collector because I really enjoy the hobby. Huge Sega fan, and once the Dreamcast’s flame went out I jumped directly to the Xbox. It just seemed like the perfect advancement(which sega seemed to think as well, since the chihiro arcade machine was basically an original Xbox with more ram). I play all systems, but I’ve always loved the Xbox ecosystem;always will. I can’t wait for Series X!

1 Like

As generically as possoble its a sci-fi war of the roses inspired tale with some gods and goddesses mixed in. I probably sold it horribly but I’m happy with the progress I’m making on it. Thanks for asking!

Make sure to plug it here when you’re done! :wink:

1 Like

Will do!

Should probably say hello, since this is an all-new community, though hopefully anyone coming over from Era will recognise me. I’ll keep it brief for now:

London, Arsenal fan, non-binary, likes gaming, anime, goth/metal, generally pretty upbeat (despite being an Arsenal fan).

Nice to meet you all :slight_smile:

1 Like

Well congratulations! It doesn’t happen often I can congratulate a Gooner. :smiley:

1 Like

Haha, thanks :smiley: We own the FA Cup, we just loan it out to other teams every now and then :wink:

1 Like

Hello. I’m 23 and from Bangalore, India. I love art and video games. I studied Industrial Design in college but got deeply interested in 3D as a medium for my creative pursuits and as a result, the gaming industry is a major space for that professional interest, so I am currently pursuing a career as a 3D artist, be it in games, vfx, advertising or visualization.

I’m a PC gamer and the only console I’ve owned is a Playstation 2 back in 2004-2005, which luckily still works super good! Loved that console, but over the years, PC has just dominated as a preferred platform for me. Now being that PC gamer made me naturally more interested in Xbox taking this platform seriously for their first parties and as a monumentally good service that is Game Pass, which tbh is a godsend in a country like ours, where piracy is rampant and big games cost so much. Gaming itself is still seen to be a distraction not worth paying a lot of money for, having forced many people in their earlier age to find alternative avenues (rentals, borrows, and more commonly, piracy). Game Pass honestly solves this problem to a good degree I feel, by eliminating the need to put down a lot of money to play one or two games and instead going the route of steady subscriptions. Majority here are already paying good money for their mobile network and internet, so this shall naturally fit in at a reasonable cost and low barrier to entry.

On the other hand, mobile and free to play has dominated our culture here, even though I’m not invested in mobile as much anymore, not enough developers seem to be making the next masterpiece like Monument Valley or Sword and Sworcery. This is where Xcloud comes in. Xbox has promised India to be one of the countries it’ll eventually come to, and I see the service taking off to a rather ridiculous level, this and other Asian countries could be primarily where Microsoft’s “reaching a billion gamers” plan shall be battle tested. All I hope it they provide an option for just Xcloud as a separate sub down the line without game pass so you could just play the games you bought permanently from the store.

Anyway, that took a wild tangent, but I wanted to bring a unique perspective based on my location and upbringing to this forum so as to why I personally care for Xbox’s future more than its competitors. Playstation still sells much better here, but the coming gen is not gonna be a war of hardware sales, it’s not gonna be a war at all as Sony is sticking to its traditional console sale model and Xbox has moved on to services and active users. All in all, that’s my introduction, hope it was insightful and would love to take part in this community and conversation in the coming days and hopefully years. Cheers! :smile:

3 Likes

An interesting perspective for sure! Welcome!