In your opinion what game is the "Greatest of All Time"?

Even tho my favourite genre is RPG I have to say Portal 2 is the best game I’ve ever played. Amazing level design, characters, humour and different environments. I adore this game so much.

Skyrim, hands down. No game compares to that one for me, not even Morrowind and Oblivion. So much freedom, so many things to do. The experience that only a Bethesda game can provide

These are my top five.

Diablo isn’t the best in the franchise, but definitely is my favorite.

• Diablo
  • BioShock
  • Grim Fandango
  • Metal Gear Solid 3
  • Portal 2

The Witcher 3. I played the game 3 times and I will play it again on Series X if it’s optimized.

1 Like

Maybe one of the Civilization games for me or Fall Out New Vegas.

1 Like

Same one it’s been for over 20 years now. Castlevania: Symphony of the Night, it’s just perfection. Fantastic artwork, a haunting soundtrack, and the combat feels great. There are so many tools at your disposal and it has a twist tht still gets referenced today. It is one of the only games I have completed multiple times.

I am in the minority but it’s been my GoAT for 20 years.

Suikoden 2 or Vandal Hearts 2

sea of thieves! what a game

Impossible to choose only one game… but if I had a gun to my head: Red Dead Redemption 2.

EVE Online during the first 6-7 years, best MMO I’ve ever played with thousands upon thousands of hours poured into it. I lived EVE for a long time, for about 10 years that was pretty much the only game I played.

Fallout: New Vegas. Obsidian showing Bethesda how to do it. When Obsidian joined XGS I got goosebumps… Avowed is the game I look forward to the most.

Europa Universalis I-IV. The same game basically evolving into greatness.

The Witcher 3. I even enjoyed the combat…

Agreed. I still go back to it from time to time: replaying one of the classic campaigns, playing a crazy WAD, a bit of speedrunning, and so on. Every time a new port appears on console I use it as an occasion to play through it once again. It’s a game formula and model that simply does not seem to age, despite the obvious technical limitations. Every weapon just feels right, movement is dope, enemies are going down in a satisfying way, and the entire music/look combo feels just right despite it being pixelated and using a lot of 2D sprites that “rotate” as you turn. No other shooter came close to being this replayable frankly. Even Quake 1/2, Duke Nukem 3D, Heretic, Half-Life 1/2, Serious Sam games, etc… I just can’t get myself to replay them with the frequency of Doom, as they are all amazing in their own ways but at the same time don’t have such a perfect formula, nor all their aspects aged as gracefully as Doom’s.

Incredible game, and the fact I still play it in 2020 is a testament to that. No other game comes close. I look back at a lot of games that I spent many hours on, but this is the only one I could play just about any given time.

1 Like

In my opinion, Skyrim (and Oblivion was the GOAT before V released).

2 Likes

My top 10 list, weighted by their impact at their time of release:

1. The Last of Us
  2. Half-Life 2
  3. The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
  4. The Witcher 3
  5. Super Mario World
  6. God of War (2018)
  7. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
  8. The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past
  9. Shenmue
  10. What Remains of Edith Finch

Have yet to play The Last of Us Part II though. I’d imagine it’ll break into my top 10 as well. And yeah, Zelda has to be the most consistently great franchise of all time.

Morrowind

1 Like

Impossible to say and highly of dependant on taste.

My favourites are Halo 3, KOTOR, Fable 1, Oblivion, Mario 64 and Championship Manager 98.

Witcher 3, Oblivion, Morrowind, Kingdom Come Deliverance, RDR2

1 Like

Easy question. Here are 3 perfect video games.

1. Tetris DS - Tetris rules, and this is the best one.
  2. Super Mario Brothers 3 - The best 2d platformer ever made.
  3. WarioWare Twisted - I mean, come on, it’s WarioWare Twisted…

World of Warcraft. Then maybe something like Super Mario World, Super Metroid or Tetris.

You know what… when I think back I’ve probably had the most fun online ever on Halo 3. The multiplayer grind, the custom games like jenga and michael myers, and the incredible its just too much. It honestly may be the greatest game of all time I never actually thought about it.

Since its release, Gears of War 3 was my favorite game of all time and I would always argue one of the best in general, but now… NieR: Automata came into my life as soon as it came to Xbox One.

The soundtrack. The story. The characters. The options.

THE EMOTION.

Yeah nah, NieR: Automata all day, every day.

1 Like

Dark Souls.

1 Like