Immortals Fenyx Rising

Quit BOTW after 22 hours. Way too many negatives for me. I see Immortals being better in regards to all the negatives that I had. Immortals is basically the art style and setup of BOTW with AC Odyssey combat which is great because the combat/gameplay in BOTW was not good for me at all.

To each their own. Wasn’t into BOTW nearly as much as everyone else. Loved the visuals, art style, weather but that was pretty much it for me.

2 Likes

I get that. BOTW is a game I’ve tried, and bounced off of, several times now. I end up loving the idea of the game more then the game itself. A lot of my issue being the weapon durability.

2 Likes

I didn’t like the weapon durability aspect at all either. I played it once and the last two or so hours before quitting, I was just wandering around bored so that pretty much ended the game for me.

2 Likes

Ya’ll lost your minds.

Hahahaha. To each their own bud.

3 Likes

I also consider this game to be better than BotW. We are the few I’m sure, but I stand by it. The combat and gameplay in general are just better to me. :smiley:

2 Likes

I agree. The combat, puzzles and overall gameplay look so much more inviting and enticing than botw. While it won’t be great, I believe that the story will be better overall in Immortals over botw.

1 Like

I particularly didn’t like the art style of Immortals. I don’t know why, but the character models look off to me, as well as a somewhat darker color tone overall. I think BOTW is more pleasant to look at. Also, I think I remember it looking better when it was teased as Gods & Monsters, but that may be my mind playing tricks on me.

I agree BOTW has its flaws (ffs weapon durability), but I still can’t see Immortals as a BOTW killer. I mean, if a company manages to create a game that somehow exceeds what is considered one of the best games of all time, it would probably be receiving a lot more of marketing.

I am definitely interested in the game, though! I was picking it up at launch, but seeing Watch Dogs being discounted so early after launch made me decide to wait for a sale.

Yeah, I’m sure most ppl won’t consider it a BotW killer at all lol. I expect middling 7’s and 8’s for Reviews. You’re probly smart waiting for a sale as well. I think the game will do fine, but not as much as Ubi probly wants it to do. Cyberpunk being so close makes me hesitant on buying at launch. I will most likely wait now even tho I want it Day One. I still have so many games to get to, I just can’t reason with myself to get it at launch when I know I won’t get to it for a while.

2 Likes

Soundtrack is by Gareth Coker. Think that fact is going under the radar. Main theme is pretty nice. Not expecting more than a decent “swimming in 7’s” time for $20 in a few months though.

Heart of the Hero - Immortals Fenyx Rising (OST) - Gareth Coker - YouTube

3 Likes

The art style is basically the same as BOTW and you should watch gameplay of it as it looks very bright and cheerful. Granted, there are 7 regions so im sure one or two won’t be but the game itself looks very inviting to where you want to explore everything.

When I said BOTW killer, I meant for me personally. I played BOTW for 22 hours and I just don’t see what all the fuss was about. The combat was easy and boring, story and characters non-existent made worse by Link being a silent protagonist, side quests that I did were arguably the worst I have ever done in an open world game plus the shrines were pretty much all the same and no fun at all. I’m not Jim Sterling’s biggest fan by a long shot but his 7/10 score for the game is exactly where I would rate it based on what I played.

In fairness to BOTW, it could also be that I always was more into 2D Zelda than 3D Zelda. I loved Link’s Awakening Remake and was the last Switch game I played before traded in the console.

Immortals Fenyx Rising to me just looks so much better, more entertaining, far better combat with great exploration, better puzzles, better performance on a technical level and while it has the stamina aspects that BOTW has, it doesn’t have weapon breaking as you only get a sword and an axe which can then be upgraded which I easily prefer over “better loot”. Plus, in Immortals there will actually be a story in the world of Greek Mythology and you get powers of the Gods which will make the combat and gameplay even better.

I can understand waiting for a sale though. WDL went on sale pretty quickly despite having an almost 2m sales launch in 3 days. I for one can’t wait even though I have to since I have no console to play it on yet.

Like I said above, when I said BOTW killer, I meant for me. For me personally, im expecting at least an 8+ if not closer to a 9/10. Bad release date but it’s a different type of game compared to Cyberpunk 2077 plus Immortals will be released on Switch and I can see it doing extremely well on that platform as they don’t have a single new game for the holidays unless you want to count Hyrule Warriors game but that’s a musou game which I don’t see appealing to everyone. I see plenty of Switch owners buying Immortals if for nothing else as a stopgap until BOTW 2 releases for them.

Oh damn…I didn’t even know Coker was doing the soundtrack. I’m even more hyped than I was before. In a good way, I believe that it will surprise a lot of people.

2 Likes

Gamersyde have Xbox series X and PS5 footage up…

Hmmmmmmmm…

Looka nice but some stuttering on SX footage :frowning:

Dunno if framerate or something like the camera from AC (but leaning towards the camera as I saw no tearing).

Edit: PS5 video also has, so either it’s the video, or caused by the ingame camera (hopefully it’s just the video)

1 Like

Looks great but seeing how fast Valhalla and Watch Dogs dropped in price Im going to hold. Played a bit of the Stadia demo and seemed neat but I dont know if I can take 3 straight Ubisoft games to start off the gen lol.

1 Like

Perhaps it’s my imagination but the PS5 image just looks cleaner and draw distance looks better…but I’ve said this about a few games and it hasn’t been the case so I wonder if it’s down to how captures are handled on consoles? But gamersyde know what they are doing…

Seems good but I’m done paying full price. Gamepass or wait for a sale for me.

2 Likes

I can’t tell the difference between the two. But I can see slight sutter’s in both. I wonder if this game is built with the Assassin Creed engine.

It is (like every Ubisoft open world game except like two of them this gen)

1 Like

The combat is mostly from AC Odyssey and is developed by that team so it makes sense that Immortals uses the AC engine. Personally, the more I see, the more im hyped to play it.

1 Like

Any Opencritic predictions for this game? It’s Ubisoft so I guess it will hit an 84.

If it’s gets above 85 and performa well on console I will get it on Series X.