If you don't have Gamepass, why not?

I agree with you on all of that. But there is just one tiny little thing that makes all of that obsolete. Marketing.

Mcdondals might have extra beef in their burgers but Mcdonalds is what’s on TV so we know which one is more popular. Xbox is Mcdondals and PS is Mcdonalds

Agreed!

But most gamers are casuals and when parents see the Series S going for $299 its gonna be an easy choice.

I do not consistently have it. I spend a three month card when I get the urge (bought at 50% off), and the next will probably be in May/June around E3. I don’t have it right now for instance

1 Like

1 Like

Bringing up Spotify is interesting. You have two camps forming now. Those who subscribe to streaming services, and don’t care for the physical, and those who crave physical, to the point where Vinyl and even cassette tapes are coming back into popularity.

I’m just waiting for mini-disc to get a second run…

1 Like

I actually think what happened with Sony recently proves the opposite. They were going to close down the store fronts on the PSP and PS3, while they built the PS5 without backwards compatibility for PS1,2 and 3. Then on top of that you have the cmos battery issue on the PlayStation consoles that you are not guaranteed that the console will even be able to play games.

Currently, my Game Pass Ultimate subscription ends tomorrow as I had it for four months. A 3 month redeem code came with the Xbox Series X bundle that I bought and turning on “recurring billing” gave me April for free. I played and completed Gears 5 Hivebusters, Gears Tactics and Outriders via GPU. I did buy Outriders though digitally for $60 as I have played through the game now almost three times in a row which I haven’t done since Final Fight CD back when I owned a Sega CDX over a decade ago.

Anyway, the reason I have cancelled my subscription is simple - there’s nothing new for me that I want to play. I don’t care about years old games simply because I either have already played and completed the games that I wanted to or I just have no interest in the game itself.

I’m not expecting to have Game Pass until the next day one game that I want to play goes on it. Right now, im thinking that will be The Ascent in August. Then Halo Infinite in November and before that, im hoping for Wolfenstein III.

Simply, there’s no reason for me to subscribe and pay for Game Pass when im not going to be using it. This weekend, I’ll be playing The Lost Gods expansion for Immortals Fenyx Rising so I can wrap that up completely and then next weekend is Resident Evil VIII: Village so im basically set for the month of May and I have Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart plus E3 in June with Valhalla and the expansions in July/August so im basically set through August and by then, I will have new games to play.

That’s pretty much why I don’t stay subscribed on a long term consistent basis.

3 Likes

1 Like

I don’t think marketing makes them better off getting a PS5. Maybe more likely, but not better off.

Never got the chance to play that.

Larger player base. Example is FIFA. it’s markets in the game are decent, switch over to Xbox market in FIFA and its atrocious.

Same with when you want to play FUT Champs. On PS you get matched with equal leveled players 70% of the time, Xbox it’s more like 20℅ of the time.

CoD gets content first or exclusive on PS.

I don’t, because my friend does and we do game sharing. I get all of Gamepass Ultimate without spending a bean. Unless you have need for XCloud and you already game share (having your friend’s console as your home and vice versa) then you’re paying for a second gamepass sub for literally no reason!

For fairness, because he pays for ‘our’ Gamepass, I tend to digitally buy the games we want that aren’t on Gamepass, so we both get them and it kind of evens out over a year

As a follow up, I don’t even need to pay for Gold, it is covered by my friend’s Gamepass sub.

Finding a friend on Xbox to share with can save you HUNDREDS of (insert currency here).

Wouldn’t be a bad idea to set up a thread for people who don’t have a local friend but want to do game sharing, I’m sure there are loads of people on here who would benefit from buying games in pairs. You could alternate, “I’ll buy RE8, you buy Far Cry 6”, you get both games but effectively pay for just one.

1 Like

I like owning my games. I buy them when they are on a good sale, because I have like a 400 game backlog, I never feel pressure to buy unless it’s a great sale price.

1 Like

Not only do not have GamePass, I refuse to support it entirely.

• I play a few games for hundreds of hours, so having access to hundreds of games is a giant waste of money.
  • I want to support the games/developers I like and not the ones that I don’t. A GamePass subscription financially supports all developers/games on the service. This is the opposite of voting with your wallet.
  • I still believe in the traditional business model of buying games, despite the fact that Microsoft no longer seems to.
1 Like