ID@Xbox Winter Game Demo Event 2022

https://twitter.com/ID_Xbox/status/1598760951045554200?t=ge0_kimZn96je3cAfc2tCg&s=19

Winter is a great time to keep warm indoors and catch up on that backlog, either by gathering with friends and family or taking some time to yourself. Speaking of backlog, we’ve got another super cool line-up of game demos ready for you! Partnering with Geoff Keighley’s The Game Awards, we’re excited to share even more chill games that you can add to your Xbox Store wish list. Starting December 6 and running through December 12, you’ll be able to play over 20 demos of upcoming unreleased games for Xbox Series X|S and Xbox One!

Here’s some of the games that will be available:

Inkulinati (Will be on Game Pass via Game Preview) - Yaza Games/Daedalic Entertainment

Inkulinati is an ink-based strategy straight from medieval manuscripts, where a rabbit’s bum can be deadlier than a dog’s sword. Embark on an ever-changing journey and become a master of the Living Ink. Build your own bestiary, defeat medieval superstars, and collect perks to unleash hidden powers.

Rhythm Sprout - SURT/tinyBuild

Handcrafted rhythm action with original music and a wacky story mode. Fight charming bosses in rhythm battles. Run to the beat through juicy 3D environments. Remix the levels with modes for infinite challenge and replayability. The demo features 5 colorful tracks, refreshing game modes, and self-aware demo-exclusive story.

Thirsty Suitors (Day One on Game Pass) - Outerloop Studios/Annapurna Interactive

Thirsty Suitors is a game about culture, relationships, family pressures, and expressing oneself. Can Jala handle her demanding parents, reconcile with her exes, and mend broken friendships in time for her sister’s wedding? Will she be ready for the impending visit of Paati, the family’s terrifying and judgmental matriarch? Through the game’s story, Jala will confront her exes in cinematic, turn-based battle sequences.

Tin Hearts - Rogue Sun/Wired Productions

Guide a troop of tin soldiers through a beautiful, toy-filled world full of magic and mystery. Solve increasingly elaborate puzzles, forge new paths for your toys to follow and discover a deeply emotional story, in Tin Hearts – an immersive puzzle adventure game from members of the team that brought you Fable.

I’ll add a full list once it’s released. This event only lasts one week, so do be sure to play the demos you would like to try before the deadline.

8 Likes

I saw this and I will definitely check this out. Apparently part of the event too.

3 Likes

Full list of games:

• Aaero2 (Mad Fellows)
  • Afterglitch (Hangonit), pre-order now
  • Astronite (DUME Games/JanduSoft), available now
  • BattleCakes (Volcano Bean)
  • Booom-Slang! (Skermunkel)
  • Boxville (Triomatica Games)

• Clash: Artifacts of Chaos (ACE Team/Nacon)
  • Dad’s Monster House (Cotton Game/E-Home Entertainment), pre-order now
  • Dead Pets Unleashed (Triple Topping)
  • Exhausted Man (Candleman Games/E-Home Entertainment)
  • Gori Cuddly Carnage (Angry Demon Studio/Wired Productions)
  • Inkulinati (Yaza Games/Daedalic Entertainment)

• JoJo’s Bizarre Adventure All-Star Battle R (CyberConnect2/Bandai Namco), new Season Pass available now
  • King of the Hat (Hat Games)
  • Let’s Cook Together 2 (Yellow Dot)
  • RE:CALL (Maitan69/Whitethorn Games)
  • Rhythm Sprout (SURT/tinyBuild)

• The Wind Road (Jiayuan/E-Home Entertainment)
  • Thirsty Suitors (Outerloop Studios/Annapurna Interactive)
  • Tin Hearts (Rogue Sun/Wired Productions)
  • Trinity Fusion (Angry Mob Games)
  • Virgo Versus the Zodiac (Moonana)
  • Wave Break (Funktronic Labs)
4 Likes

Saw that last screenshot and it looks damn good there. Immediately fired up the demo, but this is very rough. Aliasing is crazy in this one, especially in HDR. In HDR it’s also unplayable because of how dark it is. It’s much more playable in SDR. Gameplay wise it has potential, I hope they really work on getting the image much cleaner.

Trinity Fusion is very nice. Gori: Cuddly Carnage is very fun as well. And it seems the demo of Clash is from the makers of Zeno Clash, I immediately recognised it.

They haven’t made a special section for these demos though on Xbox in the store. They put some of them in the general demos section though.

4 Likes

Where are the games Demo section at? BTW, i fire up my Xbox but did not see this Winter Game demo event where is it? do i have to search for each game manually by inputting their names on the Xbox store?

Go to the store, press left so the store menu opens and go down to “Games”, and then select “Games Home”. From there scroll down, going past “Top free games”, “Top paid game”, etc. Until you get to a section called “Game demos”. About half of the demos are shown at the top of the list, the rest are mixed in with the others so it’s probably best to just open the search bar and search for the ones you don’t immediately see.

I tried searching for Wave Break but the demo that comes up is an old one that isn’t available anymore. Not really sure what’s going on there.

1 Like

Strange.

Can’t find Battlecakes. Boxville is the SGF demo. Exhausted man is a old demo as well. RE:Call is old too.

Wave Break is from SGF too.

Odd.

If anyone has any idea wtf to do in Afterglitch, let me know. I honestly have no idea, lol.

You should see some people standing around wearing astronaut suits similar to the character you’re controlling. You’re supposed to walk into them and it’ll take you to the next area. It’s really different and experimental and I don’t even know what it’s supposed to be about lol. I finished it yesterday and the demo just kinda ends. Lots of cool, trippy looking effects though.

1 Like

Something I missed. Im sure a lot of us already played what we wanted to play. But just in case you haven’t, they extended this event to next Saturday.

5 Likes

Forgot about this, glad they extended the demos I’ll check some out.

1 Like