I won’t be buying Cyberpunk 2077 at launch

The game is already in my library but torn between playing it day 1 or waiting until 2021 for the next gen free upgrade patch. It is already a gorgeous game but with RT afditional bells & whistles and possible future enhancements it will be stunning.

I suspect tey will probably patch and squash some potential bugs coming on release too with such a huge game. So hard to decide maybe in the end I will be waiting to enjoy it a max.

So did you change your mind? With Halo delayed, Cyberpunk is the only 2020 game left I care about

1 Like

I’ll be getting day 1 on PC but if the Series X update is substantial I may double dip.

Same here going to wait, or wait as long as I can especially once it launches and everyone is talking about it will make it harder to wait

Sad how quickly this comment aged badly. :frowning:

On topic I will likely pick it up at launch. I trust CDP Red and can always re-visit when the patch is released.

2 Likes

True XD I’m actually not sure I’ll pickup a Series X at launch now, unless Medium, Scorn and a couple more are worth it. I might get Cyberpunk or AC Valhalla instead… I assume they’ll look and run nicely even before the patch…

I will grab one at launch as I like new tech and I’m interested to see how much the CPU and SSD upgrades impact games I currently play. I play a ton of Gears MP and love Divinity 2, so just seeing what if any quality of life improvements those games get (faster load times, higher frame rates) is enough for me to start.

1 Like

Right, I kept my One S so it would still be a huge upgrade. We’ll see!

We haven’t seen ANY footage of cyberpunk running on a console. That’s a big red flag. I wouldn’t play that game on anything other than a decently powerful game rig.

It was the same for Witcher 3 and at launch the game suffered from a very annoying frameskipping issue. They did fix it though. First let’s see if they don’t delay it.

day 1, no matter what

The good news is, I have time for Cyberpunk now

Been waiting to play this for far too long to delay any further.

I’ll be playing day 1 and then I’ll play through a second time on a new life path with upgraded graphics.

Day 1 game for me. My first play through will probably be so long that by the time of the full next gen patch I’ll be able to give it another run through.

You’re on your own, OP. It’ll still look damn good without the patch. I’ll just have a great excuse to do a new play through.

I would love to know the OP’s updated thoughts after today’s news. CP 2077 is basically the only real gem left for the launch right now. And it’s a big game. I would ramp up the marketing to Halo levels if I were MS

I am getting it on PC. I should have a 3070 by then and my cpu is an 8700k and I will have an M.2 drive as well. Even if I dont have a 3070 I will have my 1070 which is running games really damn great right now.

I was originally thinking the same thing, but now without Halo…

1 Like

I am seriously considering a 3080, but that is a nice PC build

I really feel what you are saying… And I want to do the same… Problem is avoiding all the spoilers and videos… The entire world will be playing…