I think this past week has shown, despite being third place in terms of console sales, Microsoft is by far the most influential force in gaming and its almost frightening

Microsoft were always an influential force in gaming. They just became more influential with the og Xbox.

You only have to go back in time to the Xbox 1 launch era to get a potted history of this, bad actors on many forums raising dog whistles against an increasingly invested MS in the gaming arena. We started with the Xbox one where there will be no opening of the MS war chest for Xbox, they are going to sell the division, through the X1X is a failure to MS will quit console manufacture after series consoles, on to ZeniMax acquisition will result in massive job losses and therefore is bad followed by a brief period of ZeniMax is the biggest Xbox will be allowed to go as EA (for example) is just too much money for MS to invest in the division to the latest anti-trust regulators will stop the third place player in a market investing to compete better with higher placed competitors.

MS is not going to stop any time soon as evidenced by the levels of investment. And given their current behaviours in the space that’s a good thing.

2 Likes

ohhhh shit yeaaah I was wondering where I’d seen her before.

Good taste in music I see.