I don't know if I should buy Series X or Series S

If you don’t know which one to buy, you should get the X.

1 Like

As a fellow primarily pc gamer, also with ultimate till 2022. I personally would get the x. Disk drive and a little more hd space make it worth it for me. I hate purchasing games digitally on consoles.

What if he wants to play The Medium or any other game that is only on next gen hardware?

His choice was between the X and the S, not between upgrading or not upgrading.

Yeah. Not upgrading is no option at all. I need the new Xbox Series

Yeah. If you think about it, you get the UDH blu-ray player and a 512GB SSD + 3 times as powerful GPU for just $200 more. A RTX 3080 is $300 more than the RTX 2070 and not even 2 times as powerful.

I just hope Microsoft sweetens the deal somehow. During the Xbox One launch in Europe, we got Forza or Fifa for free

Why does it mater whether XSS plays XOX version? It will play its own version, and I expect it to be similar to the XSX version but lower resolution. I will be getting both the XSX and XSS for different room.

Yeah should’ve clarified. If Series S is running the One S version with some automatic improvements like resolution and framerate upscaling, that would be fine. But not, if the console just runs the standard One S version of Cyberpunk.

That’s not known so far. Cyberpunk 2077 is the only game I will buy outside of Game Pass in the foreseeable future. That game is super important to me and I need a good running Version of it.

It’s sad next gen upgrade won’t be in time for next gen launch.

Series S is cool and I honestly want it down the line when it drops in price, but the Series X is clearly the better machine. If you’re able always get the better one.

I was going to tell you to get a 3080. But if you enjoy gaming on a big screen, you should go XSX.