Hungry? Have more Hot Chips! (RGT Series X Analysis Part 2 - SSD, Memory, Audio & More)

Been waiting for this. For anyone who missed Part 1:

1 Like

This seems like he is just reading the slides and repeating what’s there. He did that with Part 1 too. :confused:

2 Likes

He says that MS didn’t have much input into the GPU and CPU and left it to AMD. Umm… OK.

1 Like

We know for a fact that is completely wrong.

1 Like

This is where he loses me. He always seems to take every rumour he hears about PS5 as a fact (RDNA 3, Zen 3, ML, Mesh Shaders, VRS etc), but downplays similar rumours about XSX. He obviously has someone in his ear that he is putting too much faith into. There has been no Sony confirmation of ML, VRS, Mesh Shaders, Unified L3 cache in the CPU etc, yet he plays it’s up. Same goes for NX gamer.

2 Likes

A more insightful take from Rich can be found here

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2020-xbox-series-x-silicon-hot-chips-analysis

1 Like

This is the same guy telling people that the PS5 is full RDNA 3 right ? I remember someone pointing out to him that what is more plausible is that Sony, like MS with the Series X, is developing features exclusives to the PS5 that may or may not be used later down the line for RDNA 3. For a time, he said that it is true it could be possible, and then he was back to full RDNA 3.

To me, it seems he is putting too much trust in his source and betting all his credibility on that one source, which is not a good thing. However, many people want to be insiders these days, because it gives them more views and popularity, but it is also a double edged sword, seeing as you could lose everything if you are wrong.

1 Like

@Boosted_Gear

That’s right. He is the fraud who talked about RDNA3 and other bs from his “sources”. We shouldn’t give him a platform to spread false information.

2 Likes

Ah, I think it’s great that there are such things about the XSX. I love to watch such stuff, even though I really don’t understand much about it. I have always been fascinated by those die-shots where you have to realize that here is the cache and there is the GPU and so on. There I praise myself e.g. Richard from Digital Foundry.

Well, just replace the word “source” with “youtube monies from disappointed playstation fans views”, and it all makes perfect sense

tenor (3) tenor (2)

1 Like