How to set default forum Home Page view

By default, XboxEra forum is set to display a list of forums (or categories) and five latest topics. That means that every time you click on the logo or Categories link, it will show you that view (see example below).

Now, under your account in Preferences > Interface page you can set your Default Home Page!

You can choose:

1. Categories - as is set by default
  2. Latest - you will see list of the latest topics
  3. New - you will only see the list of newly created topics (which can be empty if you visit forums frequently!)
  4. Bookmarks - only bookmarked topics will be shown as default view

If you choose Latest to be your default forum view, this is how home page of the forum will look for you:

This setting doesn’t mean that other views are gone, it’s just your preference which view will be your default.

It can be useful.

UPDATE: Bookmarks are added as option for default Home Page view

12 Likes

Sorry if there’s something obvious here I’m missing, but is there a way to set it to Latest and either exclude some categories or only do a select few?

I ask because I like having the latest view for Gaming and Community, but don’t really care about Forge or Off-Topic or whatever else, so it’s just a bunch of extra stuff on my home page, especially since the establishment of the Forge category.

Thanks!

Edit: As is tradition, I’ve figured out how to do this in the few minutes following the complaint :sweat_smile:

In case anybody else wants to know: Navigate to the forums or subforums you don’t want to see and click the bell on the top-right, then selected Muted.

4 Likes

Thanks for that tip. Happy to not see all the Forge stuff now.

2 Likes

Nice! Great to see that you and @Phalaxis solved your Latest view.

We are aware that Forgera content could be overwhelming for some members and we are actively looking for solution that will limit number of Forge content.

3 Likes

Thanks @SpiderLink Got rid of all the Forge related topics now.

2 Likes

Thanks, it’s not that I don’t want to see it but I mostly don’t want to see as much of it. So there are a couple of areas like the what are you building thread I’d hope to see updates on and some general purpose ones, but not all the hey here’s a new map threads. Did see there are like 4 different tags at the moment so that may help narrow it down.