How old are you?

22 from Portugal here!

1. Living in Japan but from Scotland. The results certainly indicate that forums are a bit old fashioned.

On the wrong side of Mid-40’s, with gaming still being a primary way to spend any non-family downtime that I have (the other time wasters being mountain biking and making sawdust in the garage).

Given so many people my age had the “benefit” of growing up in the Atari 2600 era and experiencing pretty much every generation of gaming in real-time (and with how cool that is) I’m regularly surprised at how few other people my age I meet in real-life that are avid gamers. I still get blank looks from some of my casual social peer group when I talk about looking forwards to the new Xbox release…

So while I have a couple of IRL buddies that I regularly play co-op with, I’m otherwise forced to look at discussion forums like this for interesting gaming conversation.

One benefit of being an (alleged) adult is that for Father’s Day I was able to tell my family that I’d bought myself a new TV to replace the perfectly fine working one I already have and there’s nothing anyone can do about it :slight_smile:

45 Canada

Growing up firstly in Europe and then Canada has given me the experience of enjoying the ZX Spectrum, Amstrad CPC, C64, and Amiga, along with the NES, PS, and of course the Xbox.

I am 25.

36 years old. Shall always act as if I am 20

2 Likes
  1. I don’t know how it happened so fast! I still feel like I’m in my late 20’s / early 30’s (and having two kids under the age of 6 helps), and my gaming habits haven’t changed much, but my drivers license says otherwise. Started with the Atari 7200, impatiently waiting for my Series X to come.
1 Like

41 and don’t see myself stopping anytime soon

1 Like
  1. Still love playing and talking about videogames, still listening to metal, punk/post-punk, new wave among other things and still loving 70’s and 80’s horror. Fuck “growing up”, I wanna have some fun.

im 32 but the real age calculator says im more than 32 which seems right !

20 years old here!

53 in 2 weeks. Dammit

Turned 26 last month.

Reaaaallllly late 30’s I mean really late… From the right angle it looks almost like early to mid 40’s or even 43. That’s just a trick of the light though, its just “really late 30’s” honest.

1 Like

I’ve recently reached the age where rock stars meet their untimely ends: 27.

The poll results, while interesting, aren’t that surprising to me. If I had guessed, I would have said this community skews 30+. Age may only be number, and not fully indicative of one’s maturity level, but this place benefits from having a certain amount of patience and understanding that is often lacking in similar spaces.

1 Like