How are Xbox launching Series X in the short term?

Here they give some rough dates, but as I said firm dates are needed. They give xsx features for some of those games eg Raytracing, 4k, 60fps. Expect those games to look like they do in there trailers or a Pc with an RTX 2080/rx 5700xt.

Its common sense really, the console is 12tflop rdna2 box with some Raytracing hardware, look at how games run on a 5700xt PC cross gen and early next gen games will look in the same ballpark.

It comes off as complaining for the sake of complaing regarding how games will look and play on xsx. Its like complaining how the knew dpad will feel because ms have not talked about it much.

We’ll be hearing a lot more over the next couple months. It’s just hard rn because the news is so close and time is running out, but still nothing announced yet. Something will come out in the next couple weeks.

That and Series S. MS have a plan for the Series S annoncement that must be ready to go the minute Playstation annouce their prices. That’s their worst kept secret, but they are just waiting to go all in. September it is ! I can’t wait !

Yeah, Halo should be much bigger that ratchet, that’s for sure, but still, how’s that relevant to my initial question? I didn’t mention ratchet and I was asking for examples of series x gameplay. Halo infinite isn’t it, because it was PC footage. We’re two months away from series x without any console gameplay footage.

When your competitor faces the same problems and manages to do it regardless, then your excuses are on a thin ice.

The biggest problem is that Microsoft bet their whole first year on halo infinite and of course its looking bad.

A DLC sized game based on last gen assets and a 3d action platformer not doing much new are hardly setting the world on fire, I consider cod Warzone and RDR2 more “next gen” then either of those games.

1 Like

A superhero game which is immensely popular and a platformer with industry wide praises. Microsoft wishes they had something as “miniscule” in their lineup.

That does not equate to ms being on “thin Ice” regarding this issue. Afterall its all about personal taste, sonys launch window line up is certainly no slam dunk against Microsofts.

1 Like

But…they aren’t managing, are they? What looks like a PS4 DLC spinoff title and…erm…a great looking 3rd party timed exclusive that is cross gen (Kena). XSX has several indy exclusives too that also look great lined up for around launch, if not day 1 (12 Minutes, Ascent, Bright Memory Infinite(?), The Medium, The Falconeer, Call of the Sea) + Watch Dogs, Assassin’s Creed, CoD, etc.

If it was a problem specific to MS, how come Sony had to resort to recycling R&C footage? Where is the rest of their gameplay footage? GT7 looked current gen imho. Why can’t they show Spiderman?

There is a very clear trend that nobody seems to be picking up on. Indy devs who have small dev teams are handling the pandemic well. Larger teams from AAA studios are struggling across the board. It’s the case with Sony first parties, XGS, EA, Activision, Ubisoft, Bethesda, 2K…NONE of these major players have shown jack crap in terms of real gameplay.

2 Likes

Look I don’t care much for Sony’s offerings and frankly it does come down to personal taste. But Xbox have basically shown nothing. Sony have demoed R&C in such a way it shows off next gen in terms of graphical capability and the fast switching between worlds. It’s a bit smoke and mirrors but even though it’s not my thing I’d probably quite like to play that game. Xbox simply hasn’t done that. They haven’t shown something in the context of here is our next gen machine and how games will take advantage. You can prefer Xbox whilst also believing vehemently that they haven’t. I want them to. Is all.

They’ve shown nothing? Wtf? They did 2 events packed with games. I agree that ms do need to show next gen gameplay however one could argue that flight sim is the most next gen hame we have seen so far. I disagree that ms are fundimentaly underdelivering ragarding games, and I dont see the point in these concern threads, people are making a small issue bigger then it actually is.

2 Likes

They’ve announced lots of games. Absolutely. No issue with their future roster, but there is a console launching and what have they actually shown that showcases that hardware? They’ve shown nothing running on the console for starters and they need for my money to show some games that get me and others salivating to play in November on the new machine. It’s no good saying flight sim we don’t know when that game will be playable on console (is it even definitely 100% coming to Xbox still?). Flight sim would have been an awesome launch game to showcase the capabilities of the machine.

We saw gameplay from The Medium and The Ascent on X, I think it was. There is footage of The Observer Redux that offer a good comparison between old gen and next gen. It’s not much, but it’s something.

Same thing happen at Xbox One X launch. I remember looking at the first screenshots taken directly from the console a few days before launch. We won’t have much gameplay videos before november probably.

It does not matter if they show stuff on PC expect XsX content to look similarly to a high end PC, I dont know how many times I have to say this. Flight sim has been confirmed for xbox and we have seen gameplay, so that is representative of what the xsx can do. But i dunno u dont like what ms are doing, dont buy there stuff and hopefully less hyperbolic concern or hate will be here.

1 Like

FlightSim still confirmed and @XboxP3 said not long ago he think people will be impressed when they see it on XSX iirc.

It should be noted that the only game anybody cites as ‘next-gen showcase’ on PS5 is a game that isn’t a launch title (R&C). I would also remind you that there are lots of other titles coming to XSX at or near launch that nobody seems to be talking about. Right now, it’s genuinely really weird because ppl whine about the marketing for the launch of a console but their argument that Sony does it better has nothing to back it up. 12 Minutes, Ascent, The Medium, The Falconeer, Call of the Sea + Watch Dogs, Assassin’s Creed, CoD, etc. are all likely XSX launch games. Going up against Spiderman (which I bet disappointed lots of ppl and that is why they ain’t showing it off) and Kena.

XSX has The Medium to show off SSD tech and RT. Sony has…nothing to show the SSD off at launch. What PS5 games are RT showcases? Are there any? Should we all panic with concern for PS5?

Why is Xbox held to some standard where anytime they show something we have to find excuses to disqualify it? Ppl said Xbox had no next gen exclusives, and they announced Avowed, Fable, Forza, Everwild, etc. Then ppl whined about how those are all too far off and we need great games from XGS now…and then XGS just released several great games in a span of weeks of each other. And now the complaint is they need launch games…but everyone ignores the stuff we know is coming at or near launch. Ppl wanna see amazing next gen graphics, but when Hellblade is mentioned ppl cling to the notion it was CG when it was every bit as reflective of the gameplay as stuff like Horizon.

The moving goalposts is annoying. The double standards that keep shifting are annoying. It’s as if ppl put 100% of Xbox’s brand on the back of Halo Infinite and when it underwhelmed and got delayed it just created a void that nothing can possibly help fill for some ppl.

This kinda negative Xbox, concern troll-esque constant skepticism/cynicism is why this site exists!

6 Likes

I think the majority here all have a desire to see Microsoft knock it out the park, myself included.

Others perhaps, are little less genuine in their posting.

Indeed, today - hilarious timing - we’ve now seen some gameplay running on XSX for the Medium. Perhaps we can all hope to see more from more titles very soon.

Until we can all foster a reasonable discussion on this topic, we’re going to lock this thread as it’s not leading anyone down a particularly enjoyable path.

Let’s see where September takes us.

2 Likes