Hollow Knight Silksong is releasing on Xbox Game Pass day one

Originally published at: Hollow Knight Silksong is releasing on Xbox Game Pass day one - XboxEra

Hollow Knight Silksong will be releasing on Xbox Game Pass when it releases. The team behind Hollow Knight revealed this at the Xbox & Bethesda Showcase. Hollow Knight Silksong is a metroidvania where you play as the Hornet. Silksong was supposed to be an expansion pack for the original 2017 Hollow Knight, but has been expanded upon and will now release as a standalone release.

A release date for Hollow Knight Silksong wasn’t revealed.

9 Likes

I’m super hyped about this!

1 Like

One of these days i should start playing Hollow Knight

2 Likes

This is awesome, definitely will be playing through this one.

1 Like

Crying in the club rn.

But seriously I was prepared to buy it day one on Switch, but they dropped this little bomb.

1 Like

I was surprised to learn that in the Extended Showcase that this is developed by Australians!

1 Like

Bounced off Hollow Knight super hard some time after beating the first boss. Re-installed it to give it another chance, just because people are so excited about this.

Im in the same boat. I played it for about an hour once, didn’t find it terribly compelling.

1 Like

For what it’s worth, I played some this morning and killed the first boss easily (I vaguely remember struggling a lot the first time). Feeling more positive about my prospects, I’ll let you know if it grabs me since we’re more or less in the same boat :smile:

2 Likes

Many people were disappointed that Hollow Knight Silksong didn’t appear at the recent Nintendo Indie Showcase. Looks like it’s an Xbox get! A gameplay trailer showed up at the Community Indie Showcase 2023 yesterday (23 April 2023), and introduced by Aaron Greensberg. I don’t know if it’s new material. (Cued to the trailer.)

3 Likes

That is just the trailer from Xbox+Bethesda Showcase 2022, nothing new.

1 Like

I need to try to play the first Hollow Knight again. I gave it a shot before, played for maybe an hour, and it just wasn’t doing anything for me.

1 Like

Same thing happened to me but my second attempt I couldn’t put it down.