Hogwarts Legacy delayed to 2022

Officially announced an hour or so ago.

Seems brash for a game thatā€™s been playable a couple of years. I wonder if itā€™s Covid, development issues, JK Rowlingā€™s sullied reputation, a strategic move to release concurrent with the new Fantastic Beasts or a combination therein.

Donā€™t have a problem with this at all. Iā€™m actually a little bit happy to be honest, because there are a lot of games I want to buy this year, and with this one being pushed to 2022, I can use the money I wouldā€™ve spent on this game this year on another game instead. I liked what I saw of the game and Iā€™m excited to see more when theyā€™re ready to share.

I believe the whole Cyberpunk fiasco has put a warning above every pubisherā€™s head, making them give more time to the developers.

Thatā€™s the only thing I can think of that would justify a delay after only four months of the gameā€™s announcement.

3 Likes

Cyberpunk was WB too in North America. Iā€™m sure they werenā€™t so happy about that even if CDPR took the lionā€™s share of the blame.

Delay doesnā€™t bother me at all. I was expecting this to be an October/November game but now, it looks like that might be reserved for Gotham Knights.

My game list is already stacked for 2021 so if a few games get delayed to 2022, better for everyone including me.

1 Like

Next few months will have a lot of announcements like this iā€™d imagine.

I been saying after halo got delayed that more were coming

2021 is going to be the year of backlog catch-up and I am completely cool with that!

2 Likes

Kinda expected this tbh.

Gee Halo could possibly one of the biggest games this year because I expect a lot of games to be delayed.

2 Likes

Definitely, Iā€™ve been saying God of War Ragnarok is a 2022 game (at the ealiest) ever since itā€™s been announced. Wouldnā€™t surprise me if other Sony games were delayed to 2022.

We still have no idea what Nintendo has coming out this year.

Not sure what the general guideline is here on Xboxera, if bumping is to prefer over starting a new thread, but it seems like thereā€™s finally a bit of movement on this game. A trailer or something along those lines is supposedly ready for release. Itā€™s hard to say what ā€œassetā€ refers to exactly, but whatever it is Iā€™m looking forward to it.

1 Like

TGA, letā€™s go!

Has to be.

1 Like

This close to the event, that seems like the only logical conclusion. Canā€™t believe I didnā€™t think of that myself. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Who is Millie A? Is this official news or a leaker type deal?

Leaker afaik

Sheā€™s been primarily Playstation centric but a month or so ago she mentioned hearing Microsoft signing a big third party game as exclusive.

I think she has gotten some Playstation stuff right in the past, but she is pretty new to the scene so itā€™s hard to determine if she is particularly credible.

Wife is a huge HP fan and she is pretty excited to play this. Nothing wrong with a delay. Nice to polish things up a bit.