History of Xbox

This year is the 10 year anniversary of ID@Xbox, and Xbox has released a nice little 11-minute documentary on the program’s history, starting with a brief overview of Xbox Live Arcade.

Definitely recommend checking this out:

Additionally, here’s an interview with Chris Charla, the director of ID@Xbox. It, too, is well worth checking out.

edit: I’m adding this edit almost two months since I made this post, so not sure how many people will actually see it… but I recently listened to the Chris Charla episode of Game Maker’s Notebook and wanted to include links to it in this post.

5 Likes

I was honestly expecting some ID questions on the Fanfest Trivia the other day & was a tad disappointed. I went & tried to find stuff ahead of time so I’d know it & it wasn’t at ALL helpful.

Also Chris & the ID program are amazing. While I love that they’re now big enough to have their own shows a couple times a year, I actually do wish they would show a few as part of Not-E3, etc. the way they used to with the reels.

1 Like

BBC recently posted a piece in the aftermath of the ABK acquisition being finalised that’s basically a high-level recap of the console war between Xbox and Sony.

There’s nothing new in the article, but I thought it was pretty factual and unbiased, and in light of all the very lopsided reporting that’s been going on about the ABK acquisition and Starfield, it was a breath of fresh air.

3 Likes

That is pretty decent yeah. Nice quick recap

1 Like

I was looking around for some info on the origin of the Xbox logo today, and came upon this little recap of the evolution of the logo:

Nothing particularly insightful or groundbreaking, but it’s nice to have it all in one place and I felt it was worth a quick skim.

3 Likes

Thought this was fun:

I like his easter egg t-shirt. :slight_smile: Project Xenon was the codename for the 360.

3 Likes