Headphones for the Xbox Series consoles

Turtle Beach Stealth 700 gen 2

I picked it up from the delivery point last Saturday and I love it. I love how it pairs wirelessly to the XSX and the battery life is long!

Sound is great! Powerful bass, clear treble. No issues or anything so far. So that’s a huge improvement over the Elite 800x.

My wife is short. Being generous she’s almost 5 ft. She has had issues with every “gaming” headset being too big. The ear cups are almost on her neck, they sit so low on her jaw. We bought her the turtle beach in-ear buds from the MS store. She really likes them! She’s not a real audiophile and leans towards excessive bass, but she’s super content with the base level (lightning in Forza Horizon, other effects in Diablo 3, etc.) as well as the overall clarity of the rest of the game and party chat.

They are wired, but much less of a hassle than full size headphones. They may be a great travel option for us enthusiasts (if, unlike me, you can actually keep buds in your ears).

1 Like

still unsure what i want to go with for a headset, but I’ve read some reviews and impressions and some are having issues with wireless headsets. i feel like the uncertaintinty is making me lean towards wired and i was thinking if i should go cooler master mh752 or HyperX Cloud Orbit S, and possibly astro t40. however unsure which route i want to go

Also unsure if Dolby Access or DTS:X are worth buying since i’m unsure if that is better than the onboard tech windows sonic

Anyone tried the Corsair HS75 XB?

Got the same headset a few days ago. They’re very confy and sound really good. No complaints so far.

1 Like

I still use my Sennheiser Game One (or zero?). The open-back set. When I’m not chatting in a family game with them and need to be quiet (people still sleeping), I plug them directly into my AVR. I think they sound quite good, though they have no excessive bass many seem to like for gaming.

1 Like

I just stick to these

They are well priced and sound decent.

I’m using the Astro A20 gen 2’s. Really good sound. Like as good as the A50’s I have also. Quite comfy but not quite as comfy as the A50’s. Obviously a cheaper build. But they’re versatile as I can whip out the USB dongle and plug into my PC.

If money wasn’t a issue what is hands down the best headphones for dolby atmos? I currently got astro a40s but I dont know if its because they are old now and been dropped 100s of times that they sound muffled a bit.

And that battery life!!! Started using it Saturday afternoon, had plenty of game hours and yesterday night the voice still said battery medium. It truly is around 20 hours or even more.

1 Like

I’m still trying to find a decent single ear chat-only wireless mic like the 360 had. Seven fucking years and we still don’t have one. Pathetic.

And for the record, I tried Hyperkin’s X88 and it was abysmal. Stay far away.

What i don’t get is why MS never brought back the 360 earpiece. That thing was superb if you were using a home cinema setup or using TV sound and still wanted to chat.

1 Like

Agreed. I know some people thought it was awful, but those people are obviously wrong. :slight_smile:

Come on, Microsoft, let me give you money for a wireless chat-only headset!

Hyperkin brought it back… The X88 Wireless Legacy Chat Headset. Didn’t get great ratings on Amazon though…

https://www.amazon.com/Hyperkin-Wireless-Legacy-Headset-Gaming-Console/dp/B08DRT2Z6H

Thanks, but I’ve already tried that one and it was awful. Speaker was fine, but the microphone was described by my friends as “It sounds like you gave the headset to your neighbor and he’s holding it out his window while you scream out your window.”

That sucks. I would doubt Microsoft would re-make it if they allowed Hyperkin to make an official version. Probably better off finding something from another vendor. What about these…

https://www.amazon.com/Turtle-Battle-Gaming-Headset-Mobile-Nintendo/dp/B07MMF2CFN

1 Like

Those look like they would work okay but they’re still wired. The headset that came with the Xbox One still works fine for me so if I’m going to stick with wired I’ll keep the one that is already paid for :slight_smile: Thanks for the suggestion though!

1 Like

My Arctic 1 Wireless replacement just came (with updated firmware thank god so it won’t brick again trying to do it myself) and I’m quite happy with them. I wish they were noise canceling with my wife playing in the same room and being quite noisy talking with her wow friends but with the sound cranked up I barely hear her and the quality is great for the price, and to me wireless was mandatory.

I wish the console had a Type C port in the back for the dongle but I can tuck the cable adapter and make it not apparent so it still looks clean. I recommend it if you don’t want to pay for the higher end versions of Arctis headsets.

drop has the Sennheiser PC37x on sale for $80USD(after $10 discount for first purchsase), and I felt that was too good of a deal to pass up. I know it would’ve been cool to get wireless, but I like the reliability of wired headphones

link below

Anyone else still using the headset that came with their Xbox One or is it just me? Haha!

1 Like