Headlines for April 30th, 2024 | Show Rundown

Originally published at: https://xboxera.com/2024/04/30/headlines-for-april-30th-2024-show-rundown/

We’re doing something new! Every day after Headlines airs I’ll give a text based rundown of the show with links to each of our sources used. For those who prefer to read and to give a thanks to all the hard work people around the industry are doing. Here are the Headlines for April 30th.

The biggest news for today was a double header from Microsoft Gaming. First up is the confirmation of June 9th at 1pm EDT as the date for the Xbox Games Showcase, featuring titles from all of the company’s publishing arms. The surprise was a “REDACTED” direct coming directly after, which The Verge has reported as being Call of Duty.

The other big story is that Todd Howard confirmed that Starfield: Shattered Space is scheduled to arrive this Fall. What piece of news got you the most excited, are you pumped and jacked for the Xbox Showcase? Sound off in the comments below and let us know.

8 Likes

It’s interesting to see how much Xbox are hyping Project Cerberus, hopefully it will be fruitful.

1 Like

Xbox June Showcase for me is the biggest news, along with the new COD showcase as well. Surprised it’s not the Xbox and Bethesda and ABK showcase or anything like that. Just Xbox and surprise second showcase after.

Adding it to my calendar, calling the buddies and preparing the snacks for the event!

2 Likes

It essentially is the XABKB showcase except in name.

“This will also be our first Showcase featuring games from our portfolio of studios across Activision, Blizzard, Bethesda and Xbox Game Studios, in addition to titles from our third-party partners.”

I’m very happy that it’s called the Xbox Games Showcase which is what it should be in my opinion. Definitely hyped and looking forward to both!!