Has Xbox and Ninja Theory's 'Bleeding Edge' been abandoned? - Windows Central

At this point, I would much rather see the game get canned and for the small team that worked on Bleeding Edge to get moved over to the Hellblade 2 team so we can have a better chance at getting it in 2022.

I was going to reply with something similar and thought about it at the time of release. NT should honestly stay away from multiplayer games, especially ones like Bleeding Edge, as they require constant updating and therefore manpower, which is something NT does not really have because they are a medium sized studio that undertakes a number of projects at once.

Probably…i’m sure they’ll keep the servers up for the forseeable future for anyone who wants to play it still but the game was a critical and commercial dud. Its not worth updating ei making new characters, maps, events for it with no one playing it and no one likely to start playing it now

What’s funny is that between the big 3, Xbox does by far the best post content support for their games but only the games that are actually successful. Aside Halo Gears and Forza, they just added an update to Age of Empires 2 Definitive and even Grounded is still going strong in early access.

I think they usually give a somewhat decent support even for their bombs. Crackdown 3 received a keys to the city dlc for example, but it did reach a point where there was no much point to add content to it.

Now when it comes to Bleeding Edge I think abandoning it was a mistake. The game had potential and still has a community sticking to it. It’s the kind of game that could be making big with a good stream of updates. But I think that for a small team to keep the updates coming in the pandemic might have been too hard.

I dont think the people working on Bleeding Edge is significant enough to make a difference for Hellblade 2 timeline.

Probably not but if they can help increase the chances of Hellblade 2 releasing in 2022 then by all means, they should be put on Hellblade 2.

The games definitely been quietly abandoned but it’s not like many have noticed. Its a shame but it is what it is.

1 Like

They’ve been posting on Twitter again at least. Maybe they saw this thread :wink:

I do wish we’d get a next gen update even if that’s the last update they do. 4K/120 should be no problem for Series X.

If you’re going to make that type of game, at least make sure it’s as good as the competition. This was such a pointless attempt. Like why even bother. It’s so not their DNA.

1 Like

Just feel like they didnt address any of the issues people had ever.

Personally Matches felt super slow to develop into which I hated.

Last time I tried It took over 5min to find a match…

If this game got a next gen patch and new maps or modes I’d jump back in. I think Microsoft messed up by releasing this game so early should of released it with the series x/s could of been their destruction allstars

5 Likes

Yep, should have been saved for the launch, with a bunch more content.

3 Likes

I think it was nice of Microsoft to allow them and their other studios experiment. I do think they should’ve held it back for series x launch, and should’ve been F2P imo. I think it would’ve stood a better chance if it was F2P

2 Likes

Yeah that’s for sure. At the time they were avoiding Halo. In retrospect, launching Bleeding Edge at 4k/120 for Series X launch with the current map list and roster would have at least given it a shot.

1 Like

I agree. Though the game is pretty much enhanced for SX as it is.

Resolution and framerate are maxed out and super improved over X and the auto hdr works really well.

Comparing to pc maxed out you can still tell the textures are a bit below, but overall SX is the best looking one thanks to hdr. Whereas before I would prefer to play it on Pc because it ran not so great even on X.