Halo: The Master Chief Collection will target 4k and 120 FPS on Xbox Series X

Awesome news!

1 Like

Curious to find out what the split screen improvements are. Maybe using the entire screen in Halo 3 and 4? Not expecting 120 FPS.

1 Like

Nuts, I guess I should have waited to play through this for the first time =/

You down to play sometime

Sorryā€¦I donā€™t play games online. Pure single player console gamer here. :slight_smile:

Oh ok

Amazing!!!

120fps titles continue to grow for the series x|s

Very cool, guess me and the little man will wait to play through Reach until/if my series X shows up! Good times.

This is huge for me because I never bothered to check if my TV supports HDMI 2.1 to do 4K and 120Hz, mainly because I didnā€™t think too many games would support this.

But Iā€™m getting the feeling that competitive FPS games from Overwatch to Halo to COD to Fortnite will use this framerate as the standard.

This just adds to my reasons to wanting an HDMI 2.1 capable TV.

1 Like

Such good news. The FOV slider is my favorite part. Going from Apex to Halo is jarring at times. I love seeing more around me!

1 Like

I have a hard time going back to older Halo games. The slow movement paired with the low FOV makes them feel really awkward honestly. High FPS and, even more importantly, custom FOV will make them feel a lot more modern and snappy, and I finally can see myself enjoy them like I used to back in the day. Modern Warfare 2019ā€™s keyboard and mouse support on console was virtually useless because you were still stuck with 70-75 FOV. With 100 FOV I bet all the games will feel a lot better.

2 Likes

I wonder if they have changed those strange 30fps animations (from a distance) in Halo 5 as well. But if not, not the end of the world or anything.

This is awesome. Canā€™t wait to jump back in.

4 Likes

Hehe ā€˜jump in.ā€™ >_>

3 Likes

Yeah, thatā€™s why I went with an X900H recently. Best semi-affordable TV (<$1000) that does 4k/120, though I think TCL 6 series and Samsung Q70T do as well.

Anyway we already have enough games with 120 modes that Iā€™m very glad I got it, canā€™t wait to see Hall and Gears at that level! And still hoping for a Bleeding Edge update too (yes really).

1 Like