Halo |OT2| Forging Ahead

They’re metal pieces in that shape, not a goofy looking obviously not a part of that future backpack that a spartan would never wear. The “goofiest” it gets are the holograms and even that fits a “future” look. Master Chief as a soft backpack shaped like a bean would be far different than any other cosmetic Infinite has had so far

1 Like

it’s still a goofy item is my point and got alot of backlash when it dropped yet it was still one of the most bought cosmetics.

If 343 being scared of the outcry is the reason why they aren’t pursuing non canon cosmetics then yikes lol, maybe they should read the room and realize it’s doing nothing in terms of adding “good will” with the community.

Of course they’re taking it slow on goofy cosmetics/cross-overs with how toxic their community is. Damned if they do damned if they don’t, and I imagine within a year or two they’ll be far more open with the type of stuff they put in. Doing it at/near launch though? Was never going to happen with how angry and stuck in their ways the old Halo crowd is.

6 Likes

It definitely pushed the boundaries and you can tell by the discussion online around it that some people thought it was too much.

But I do think there could be a Halo lore justification for it. That being that they are helmet mounted flashlights that help light stuff up in dark areas. If they put that in the description it could have maybe got more people to buy into it aa something consistent with the universe.

But they are still done in a Halo-esque fashion. It still looks like Spartan armour.

That said, I’m wondering why that Fall Guys backpack isn’t a weapons charm. There’s a lot more flexibility with weapons charms, it seems.

1 Like

I mean that’s my main point, they’re at rock bottom no matter what in terms of public perception, might as well do it rather than hold back in fear of making the toxic loud minority even more angrier.

2 Likes

I’m at a point where I’m so vindictive toward the Halo community and what they stand for that I wouldn’t mind 343 saying piss off and doing something completely different, as well as stopping multiplayer the MCC. Not because I hate Halo, because of the community. I’m really sorry for what the devs have to go through, all these talks of wanting better dev condition by the community, while harassing them in the same time.

1 Like

Didn’t realize that was a thing tbh, it’s a Spartan simulator isn’t it? Of course people will goof off in the future as well… The Halo community really sucks.

5 Likes

Truth.

Or rather the team responsible for these type of things are working on cross core customization and content for season 3.

2 Likes

…but I’m sure it’s more the YouTuber-friendly toxic hyperbole :woozy_face:

/s in case it wasn’t obvious

1 Like

I have been there since Halo 4.

I’d buy that reason if this was an indie studio or something lol.

Like jokes aside, if they wanted in the game, it would be in the game.

I am amazed at how people on gaming forums think game design is a walk in the park. If they wanted it in the game, it would take away designers who currently working on the cross-core custimzation and season 3 content which is way more important like I said.

3 Likes

Sure is a lot of armchair-development and conflation going on in here lately. Criticism is fine but toxic assumptions and dogpiling are not.

5 Likes

Who’s CE?

And today is another episode of You Had Me at Halo! Made a fun little thumbnail for it.

Should be a nice relaxed episode, considering there isn’t really any Halo news the last two weeks outside of a couple things.

Unless of course, 343 decide to release a blog post 15 minutes before we go live. As they often do…

1 Like

I’m not really buying this at all lol.

I’ll drop it because there’s already enough negativity surrounding this game and people want this thread to be a safe place, I get it.

I’m pretty sure 343 uses Agile, or at least a variation of it. Their sprints probably last two weeks.

In other words, they plan their workload a fair bit in advance. Their art / cosmetic team has a lot they’re working on, what with upcoming events and of course still season 3 content.

But I wouldn’t be surprised to see a fall guys weapon charm in the coming weeks. We saw the tv show one release a few weeks into the show airing.

And no, infinite has not gone even remotely as “out there” with their armor as MCC.

At least, not yet.

2 Likes

Sorry, confused CA with CE :joy: Still Halo though :stuck_out_tongue:

10 Likes

So next month as in 1 day or 32 days? Going to be such an unbearable wait for co-op campaigns to finally arrive. Hope its earlier than the last day of July.

1 Like