Halo |OT2| Forging Ahead

Yeah, the longer it drags the less I believe that Halo Infinite has a chance for the second coming even with BR. They will literally have to relaunch everything basically.

Unlike Sea of Thieves, Halo had two main differences - Halo expectations and competition. With Sea of Thieves there is no other game like this, with Halo - we have Apex, COD etc. with a lot of content updates and big communities.

In hindsight it was probably better to delay it for another year without 6 month seasons with 2 maps, but with BR, Forge, co-op etc. Because even now people who wanted co-op started to care less. Itā€™s been too long. I also suspect that they might have issues with hiring with all controversies surrounding them.

4 Likes

4 Likes

I think you are reading too much into that specific wording but I do think itā€™s completely fair to expect this to be addressed sooner than later.

I was going to read too much into their wording and gleam the idea that their work on online coop would actually benefit online versus (especially with the vehicles) but, again, it would be reading too much from one singular statement so I kept quiet.

But desync feels like a fundamental issue that needs resolution, to me. Even as a casual player that plays 5 hours a week (FOMO on weekly challenge rewards), it affects my enjoyment. Iā€™m sure the feeling is worse for competitive players.

With all of the rumors of Halo BR being nearly finished and arriving sooner than later I actually expected it at not-E3 or the follow-up show.

Now Iā€™m thinking that they are going to delay it as long as it needs to be delayed to make sure it releases with a bang. With all the polish it needs and with all the content and monetization framework set up so that it can hit the ground running. In a state where it doesnā€™t need to be considered a beta to excuse half-working elements. Assuming this was loosely penciled in for an early 2023 release, not announcing it was a genius move. Because you never know if thereā€™s a potential delay.

Because when you think about it the first mistake with Halo Infinite was announcing it as early as they did. I can definitely appreciate fans itching for a new Halo and new Halo news when Halo 5 became three years old. 343 and MS were stuck between a rock and a hard place. But now with hindsight we can see that it was a mistake and hopefully a mistake they probably have learned from.

The radio silence on Halo BR and not talking about The Coalitionā€™s next project (despite Gears 5 now being 3 years old)ā€¦ Iā€™m thinking XGS learned a valuable lesson and finally have the benefit of a much larger pool of studios.

As far as getting a large population of gamers back, if they fix underlying issues like desync, get a largely functional Forge in this Fall, and create a way to easily find and share great Forge creations, the sky is the limit.

Content creators will have their fill (in fact I donā€™t think they will be able to keep up), huge streamers would have new popular modes to try nearly every week, and people who donā€™t like particular aspects of the gameplay and map design (Iā€™ll include myself in this) can create or play the creations of people who think along the same lines. If Halo 3 is your favourite Halo game you could probably make it in Forge with the exact same player movement, radar, weapons, and maps.

2 Likes

Apex had a similar launch, cod Warzone had a similar launch, fortnite had a similar launch it took them all at least a year before they got it together.

5 Likes

I am hoping 343 is thinking in adding where if you leave or the game crashed you can join the game like in dota and CSGO

Using Apex, Warzone and Fortnite are not good examples lol.

2 Likes
4 Likes

LMAO at this passage animation :rofl: Halo of War

Thankfully, this was never final.

Myself and @OneBadMutha are going live for some Halo Infinite in a couple minutes!

4 Likes
8 Likes

5 Likes

The Halo beta content being officially released is AMAZING. I pushed for it a lot while I had the ears available, itā€™s good to see other people kept pushing and weā€™re finally getting so much early content.

2 Likes

New narrative event arriving soonā€¦ The last one was heavily connected to the Breaker mapā€¦ Maybe this one will be released with a new map for the game.

1 Like

The GPU rewards are so bad lol. Itā€™s still the same green skin reward every month since launch.

5 Likes

At least theres no FOMO for those who werenā€™t GPU last month.

4 Likes

Yeah, it feels very low effort.