Halo |OT2| Forging Ahead

I feel like this is wildly overblown.

But they should have an in game report function

No they arent overblown imo its a big problem that dampens the experience and its easy to tell once you cross paths with a dude just aim botting you or wall hacking.

The truth is always in the middle - it is there, but not to the point that people are talking about.

I have barely faced any cheaters yet.

They need to fix the de-sync issue before they tackle the cheating IMO.

1 Like

Both are very important issues. Iā€™m sure theyā€™re tackling both at the same time.

3 Likes

I played 400 matches and havenā€™t had the feeling once, that I played against a cheater to be honest. So I dont think itā€™s a widespread problem. But yeah anticheat is important

1 Like

Does this affect melee?

I think the reason why itā€™s much more vocal then desync is because the latter is more tolerable.

Once youā€™re in a game with the cheater, you wonā€™t ever forget it lol, itā€™s demoralizing and frustrating.

3 Likes

Need an in game reporting option and a crossplay toggle that actually does something.

1 Like

Tthe problem with being bad-okish at playing the game is a decreased awareness of whether Iā€™m truly getting rekt or some mf is really out there aimbotting and wall hacking.

1 Like

Not sure, but it does amplify the melee issue that some face.

Hell, night time isnā€™t nearly as dark for me as in these pictures, wtf?

In fact I find the nights insanely bright and a big shame. With a proper dark night time HDR will stand out lovely with those special effects and you get to use your flashlight more too then.

I know VRR elevates the black levels somewhat, but it canā€™t be that bad. How do people get the night to look that dark?

1 Like

Itā€™s a bug (I guess) that happens in some extremely specific locations. It seems the game can make the night this dark but they didnā€™t choose to.

1 Like

Bummer, big one at that.

Imagine having a dark night time where you can still see (doesnā€™t have to be as dark as real life without streetlights) but just dark enough to almost make it a little eerie with some of those sniper enemies that can surprise you or one of those cloaked elites surprising you. Iā€™d fucking love that. Itā€™s been a while since I played the first three Halo games but I recall Reach having a rather dark mission, liked it.

I decided to Google it and I found a Reddit thread. People recommended using -20 for brightness in the game. Tried it, actually the night looks a lot better, still not as dark as youā€™d want but it certainly is better than default brightness.

1 Like

lol

3 Likes

I had a hard time against Bassus on Heroic. But I also didnā€™t have the right weaponry. His health drained insane slow. And I was afraid I had to restart the whole mission if I wanted a checkpoint right before the fight.

Turns out I just had to go back to main menu, choose continue and I start right before the fight, so I was able to grab rocket launchers and all that good stuff. Bassus was dead in no time, lol.

I love the challenge of the general fights, but the bosses can be a bit much, damn.

3 Likes

FB_IMG_1641950659806

1 Like

I thought the Tenrai event was ending after the 3rd week, or will we get a new BP for the other weeks?

Nope they have mentioned multiple times that itā€™s like 5 or 6 times for these events

1 Like

Nice, I might have a shot at finishing it then.

It was impossible to finish them with the initial 3 weeks they announced. They only allowed you to get 7 rewards the first week and are allowing 10 each of the next two (including the week that just passed). So you would only be able to get 27 rewards in total and there are currently 30.

1 Like