Halo |OT2| Forging Ahead

I watch YHMAH, that’s it. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I enjoyed the first episode, it’s not going to set the world on fire but it was good. I thought the covenant looked pretty good most of the time, I actually found some of the effects they used for the Spartans movement and jumps to be more jarring than the aliens.

4 Likes

I’m guessing the effects was like everything moves in slow motion for a bit?

You guys know you can stop worrying about everbody elses opinion on the Halo show and watch episode one yourselves right now, right?. Then you can form your own opinions

3 Likes

Great idea! Of course they should have a tie in for the tv show that everyone is watching!

Wait a minute, I’m in the UK and have no idea what you’re talking about…

Also, when did Kiki Wolfkill start designing multiplayer maps?

Halo fans are the worst, lol

4 Likes

I quite liked the first Ep. Solid pilot episode with good action and cgi. Some edits and shots looked rough but overall pretty good. Mercy especially looked fantastic in High Charity and the Elite in the cave.

I’m pretty easily detaching it from Steve Downs and the game. But the little references and fan service is fun

I gotta say…I really liked episode 1x01

Were there things that felt weird about it? Yup. Was some of it dowright blasphomous to known lore? Huh-huh-OH yeah. Was I able to shrug that off and enjoy it for what it was? Absolutely. Now it was just one episode, so there is still a lot to prove, but I was quite encouraged by this start

I’m wondering if we need a seperate show only spoiler thread? What do you guys think? I’ll do it, or if anyone else feels up to it…

6 Likes

Liked even more on second time watching

and i need more of HER

3 Likes

I would like to play a Halo racetack designed by Kiki Wolfkill.

Actually no, it was normal speed for most scenes with heavy action. I went in with low expectations. But was surprised at how good some of the effects are. Now story wise, I’m not entirely sold on where it’s going. However it’s only the first episode so we take it week by week and just hope it had strong enough legs to get green lit past two seasons.

1 Like

As a huge Halo fan that calls it my favorite gaming IP ever, I absolutely loved episode 1 of the Halo Series! If you are someone that is going to get hung up on detailed lore items being a major issue for you then maybe you will feel differently. I have loved Halo because of a cool sci-fi world and the telling of a “Hero” story in it, and this seems awesome to me so far. Deep Halo lore has always made my head spin at some point anyway, so that doesn’t bother me with this. I was surprised at how much I am interested in the story that is being setup here.

You really should give this one a chance and be open minded to some fun without trying to watch it through the lens of what someone online has said or your experience with the games. I will say that there are so many cool little Halo things that made me smile as I watched it.

I will have to see where the whole season takes us, but I am definitely excited to watch this every Thursday and with the fact that Season 2 has already been ordered.

5 Likes

Yeah, I just started watching and I am halfway through and I loved what I saw. hearing the wort wort wort from the elites had me smiling, actually having an alien language was really good, putting some of the games first person ui in the actual show was done really well. If things go as they did in the series Reach being attacked could be the season finally, with Season 2 maybe taking place on a Halo aray(big maybe). Seeing Mercy literally going against Truth decision to exterminate humanity by raising one to help with the activation of Forerunner tech really brings so many possibilities. Hopefully Truth won’t just be stupid and strip the Sanghailies of there position like in Halo 2, because that was really bad writing imo.

Episode was alright, went into it with a completely open mind, I don’t really care about video game accuracies in adaptation, the show is it’s own thing and it should be treated that way.

My biggest gripes are the production value, it feels damn near like a fan film at times lol, it’s missing that proper cinematographer flair. It ain’t great but it ain’t rubbish and that’s all I can really ask for from a project that was in development hell for almost 15+ years.

1 Like

each episode is only 10 million in budget

Finished watching and I like what I saw, I think there’s a lot of potential in the direction they are going.

1 Like

Just finished the first episode! (We need a thread!)

This was way better than I expected, I really want to see where this is going. They nailed Master Chief, like really great. Halsey is perfect too.

Was a bit hesitant the first 5-10 minutes (distracted by fugly haircuts lol) but then I was hooked. I think this is going to be awesome!

That they are going their own way with the story is absolutely the right choice, excited to see where this leads.

2 Likes

The show is off to a solid start IMO, for me how well they develop the various antagonists will determine if it will just be good or if it can become great.

I don’t follow individuals or communities that are intellectually dishonest so I haven’t seen any of the naysayers, but if someone is already saying that it is bad, then they are bringing one or several different agendas to the show.

1 Like

I am sure if 343 wasn’t struggling to get season 2 and key features like co-op and forge out then they would have loved to do some cross promotion. We are where we are though, and delaying any of that stuff to prioritize a TV tie in would be a terrible choice.

2 Likes

No it was just some weird looking jumps but honestly after that there wasn’t anything that I thought looked bad. The amount of bad assness built around the Spartans is really cool. Really cool line towards the end.

Enjoyed it more than I thought i gave it a 7 to 8 out of 10 solid start

1 Like