Halo |OT2| Forging Ahead

I do not agree

And I really hope you don’t respond to this with an attempt to carry on about it. Because I have no interest going over this with you. Especially not in a Halo thread

Doctor Who

Fallout fans maybe? Having seen the state of the Halo subreddit though even I’m not sure

He’s right, and it shows how Brad Sams nailed at how 343i was much more invested into the TV Show and other media than the games itself.

Oof

Isn’t the show not available yet in a lot of markets? Hell, I don’t think people in my country have access to Paramount plus at all. I’m sure the people in those markets will be pleased that there is a promotion for something they can’t watch.

2 Likes

This is not true at all

3 Likes

Do you have a link to that? Sounds strange

343 has seperate teams for these things. Work on the TV show takes nothing away from the games. It is really disingenuous to suggest otherwise.

5 Likes

Yeah, I don’t see it.

Just like the people who create MTX items aren’t designing brand new maps and modes.

2 Likes

“One insider states that the production of the Halo TV series for ShowTime has been a significant distraction for 343 management. Often times taking their priority instead of focusing on making sure development progress is on the right path to reaching its targeted deadline.”

He did a video back in August 2020 and everything became real, the MP and SP were meant to be separate even as early as 2019 according to Jason Schreier, Phil would also confirm it on Animal Talk while Sketch denied that because the community manager job is to damage control when it needed. In the end we did get this happening in a month gap under beta rather than a timed one.

3 Likes

When has this cross-promotion stuff become such a big deal?

Am I missing something?

Not to mention that the show is already disliked by a huge part of the game community. Almost all I see is negativity about it. But now it’s necessary to associate the game and the show?

2 Likes

Spoiler alert: Halo has one of the worst fan bases. They will complain about literally anything. There is no timeline where they are not endlessly complaining.

The show is “disliked” as an add on to the abhorent hatred toward 343 by the fan base and by people who have not seen a millisecond of the show since it just barely released a few hours ago.

5 Likes

I don’t know if it’s a big deal. I just think it would be neat, and good for both the show and the game. A somewhat natural synergy for the franchise.

As for the show, haven’t seen it yet but looking forward to it!

1 Like

I’ve gotten to the point I almost watch no Halo YouTube content or visit anything Halo comment wise, barely even come to this thread too.

2 Likes

No offence to Brad, but one person is not a great starting point to base off for an editorial piece. This is something that Jason Schreier got into a bit of hot water as well. For all we know, the person who Brad spoke to was frustrated with Infinite’s development and just wanted something to blame.

2 Likes

I’m not against it. I actually think I would like it.

But it’s weird to see that it has become such a big point of discussion. What would it actually add to the game or the show?

It’s weird even if it’s for another game. And it’s weirder when it’s a show that almost only receives negativity whenever it’s mentioned in the game community.

When you have GaaS doing even cross promotions without being on the same franchise or even at the same company who owns it, having your own IP external media tie in into the game is a must.

He was accurate and not denying that Halo fanbase is also known for the love and hate for years, even before Halo Infinite announcement there was the meme where every current game was hated until the next one came in. But the complaints about 343i focusing too much on non game stuff in detriment of the games itself have been also going on for the same time, Halo 4 was a fair first try because rarely in the industry moving a franchise from a developer who doesn’t show clear quality decline into another one tends to have bad results (Spyro, Crash, COD 3), but rather than improving on sequel, it got worse.

1 Like

There was barely an exposition in the first Halo episode lol Dunno what those complaints were about