Halo |OT2| Forging Ahead

Halo 3 was the peak no doubt, relative to other games and in absolute numbers. I also dropped Reach super early, bloom and armor lock were pissing me off so much LOL. Still, it was top 3 on XBL for almost a year, while Halo 4 nosedived right out of the gate.

New Map looks…Interesting

Returned to Halo 5 to play some Warzone and Warzone Firefight. I really missed this game type, I also really like how Warzone Firefight has more than one objective, hopefully Halo Infinite starts adding more objectives to their own.

5 Likes

https://x.com/discussingfilm/status/1765422582323367991?s=46&t=jjXxOoE4yWMd4fG6_-MQMQ

Good times

1 Like

Played the new map on tonight, it’s a little small and pretty close quarter imo. Giving the AR a lot of chances to shine, as there are so quite of bit of hallways and the differences in gravity kind of throw me off with precision weapons.

The armor on the pass is just truly ugly! I remember seeing the helmet in the updated game tile and I thought DCU Online was doing the batman who cringes event.

https://x.com/halo/status/1768657568040366548?s=46&t=O_AGT9SEnlptKOF_2SxtqQ

3 Likes

Lots of good forge squad maps…

Man forge is such a good way to keep rolling out content.

3 Likes

Long term investment. The work was slowing down others, but once they finished it, it will do so much help.

2 Likes

Does “firefight custom” mean a firefight playlist with custom maps?

They need to take Halo to Mobile.

2 Likes

I think this has been part of their recent strategy even still - there seems to be less non-forge dev maps but they have also got a roadmap of multiple forge building sets. It ultimately means less content right away but really opens the door for forge artists to make an even wider range of maps

Essentially removes the king of the hill aspect of what they have currently.

3 Likes

It’s something that Forgers would use as a template for their games so not something for end gamers to deal with.

With the March Update, we are introducing Firefight Custom. This is a “blank” Firefight mode that keeps the high-level structure of Firefight: King of the Hill intact (Sets, lives, skulls, scoring, Custom Game options), but removes all the logic related to hills. In other words, this is Firefight: King of the Hill without the King of the Hill.

Mode scripters will have full control over what constitutes a win or a loss of a point, whether teams earn skulls, which spawners are triggered and when, and if players can earn more lives. We wanted Forgers to spend less time and budget scripting basic features of the mode and instead spend their time on the logic that supports their ideal experience. This new variant also pairs well with Forge’s previously released Mode Creator, allowing mode creators to create their experience once and share it with many map creators.

1 Like

New netcode finally. Had an awful exeprience last night because so many of the matches had 100+ ping and the old netcode does not handle it well.

1 Like

https://x.com/mr_rebs_/status/1770144613593952450?s=46&t=O_AGT9SEnlptKOF_2SxtqQ

This Friday, 2130 UK time. Who’s in?

3 Likes

If I have my time zone conversion right (3:30 MST) I will try to join in the first hour.

https://x.com/tomwarren/status/1772701146261409849?s=46&t=O_AGT9SEnlptKOF_2SxtqQ

1 Like

I get why they did it but I think it was a mistake going from seasons to operations. Killed all momentum for the game.

1 Like

I have to agree in the sense that Operations were a great chance for more notable playlist updates occurring more often, and that didn’t happen.

Remember the cadence in which Fortnite would change throughout seasons 2 and 3 in the first chapter? It happened at a breakneck speed and there was a lot of crunch involved (which is why it no longer happens). I feel like Halo Infinite could do the same using user generated contact.

There are so many great and silly modes out there with their own custom maps that would make great playlists that last a week or two. They may be buggy, not suited for competitive play, and outright goofy but they’re fun.

Some of the modes that we played during Community night were great, silly fun.

At this point I don’t know what Halo Infinite has to lose from trying this? Anyways, Operations were a good way to introduce things like that. They can make a big deal about it in each operation trailer just as they do with new maps.

2 Likes